On board chat

On Ovation last month it did not work well.  Maybe a couple of times it went through right away.  Most of the time it did not.  It is not something to rely on while on Ovation.  Like a lot of things, it properly is different on each ship.

15 hours ago, Allieup said:

How does this work?

You start with the link in the three dots in the upper right of the app after you connect to the ship Wi-Fi.

Edited by Biker19

Connect to the ships free Wi-Fi for using the RC App. Three dots in the upper right hand corner. Just a note, minors cannot use the app due to laws and it will not allow them no matter what you do. IMO, it sucks as it does not give you any notifications and you need to keep checking it for messages.

17 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

On Ovation last month it did not work well.  Maybe a couple of times it went through right away.  Most of the time it did not.  It is not something to rely on while on Ovation.  Like a lot of things, it properly is different on each ship.

That was our experience on the Wonder in April.   Thought it would be easier than FB Messenger.  But some chats didn't come through for hours. We saw each other's messengers via Messengr within a few minutes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mr. Green said:

Connect to the ships free Wi-Fi for using the RC App. Three dots in the upper right hand corner. Just a note, minors cannot use the app due to laws and it will not allow them no matter what you do. IMO, it sucks as it does not give you any notifications and you need to keep checking it for messages.

Do you happen to know the age limit. I thought it was 13. We will be traveling with 2 15 year olds. Will they be able to use this?

40 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

That was our experience on the Wonder in April.   Thought it would be easier than FB Messenger.  But some chats didn't come through for hours. We saw each other's messengers via Messengr within a few minutes.

With the app not working good we have been getting the internet and then putting our phones in wifi calling mode. I know it's not free but it works.  With wifi calling we can text between android and apple phones.

16 minutes ago, cruisefan0110 said:

Do you happen to know the age limit. I thought it was 13. We will be traveling with 2 15 year olds. Will they be able to use this?

RC won't let you sign up for an account (which is then needed to log into the app) unless they are 13+

5 hours ago, Mr. Green said:

I mean, if you really want to get around that, you can sign in under your own name on multiple devices, our 11 yr old used my sign in info and we could chat with him through the app when we needed to.