Steps into pool

fozzy

Noticed in John Heald's video of the lido pool on Venezia that it had stairs as well as ladders. I have a hard time with the ladders so the stairs were nice to see. Question though, do any other Carnival ships have stairs into their pools?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

Mardi Gras does at the pool on Deck 8 aft (Summers Landing/The Watering Hole).

Thanks, I was hoping the new ships had them. I'm assuming the Celebration does as well. 

1 hour ago, fozzy said:

Thanks, I was hoping the new ships had them. I'm assuming the Celebration does as well. 

I would think so, too, but haven't been on it personally so hopefully someone who has can chime in. The MG Deck 8 pool edge is only a few inches deep, so a ladder wouldn't work. They have  loungers that sit in the water, which are great!

1 hour ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

I would think so, too, but haven't been on it personally so hopefully someone who has can chime in. The MG Deck 8 pool edge is only a few inches deep, so a ladder wouldn't work. They have  loungers that sit in the water, which are great!

Their are stairs from the deck to the Baja shelf on Mardi Gras but there is a deeper pool within the Baja shelf that just has a ladder. Venezia has stairs from the Baja shelf to the pool itself.

29 minutes ago, tidecat said:

Their are stairs from the deck to the Baja shelf on Mardi Gras but there is a deeper pool within the Baja shelf that just has a ladder. Venezia has stairs from the Baja shelf to the pool itself.

The pool depth is over 5 ft so yes, there are steps for the MG rear pools

36 minutes ago, Elaine5715 said:

The pool depth is over 5 ft so yes, there are steps for the MG rear pools

Unless if Carnival quietly added those since February, there are not stairs going from the Baja shelf (the part with shallow water around the pool itself) to any pool on Mardi Gras. Every pool on Mardi Gras has steps between the deck and the Baja shelf. None of them have a staircase headed into the pool itself. Venezia is the only ship in the Carnival fleet that currently has that. Firenze will be the second when she begins her Carnival career in 2024.

If you scroll down to "The Patio Aft Pool" in this article from Cruise Radio, you can see photos of the pool that show stairs going from the deck to the Baja shelf, but ladders from the Baja shelf to the pool:

Carnival's Mardi Gras: Exploring Summer Landing (cruiseradio.net)

This isn't the greatest photo of Venezia's pool area, but in this you can see two sets of stairs headed into the pool on the end opposite the fountain (and underneath two more sets of stairs that connect the deck above):

DSC05974b-1280x853.jpg (1280×853) (shipsatsea.de)

8 hours ago, tidecat said:

Unless if Carnival quietly added those since February, there are not stairs going from the Baja shelf (the part with shallow water around the pool itself) to any pool on Mardi Gras. Every pool on Mardi Gras has steps between the deck and the Baja shelf. None of them have a staircase headed into the pool itself. Venezia is the only ship in the Carnival fleet that currently has that. Firenze will be the second when she begins her Carnival career in 2024.

If you scroll down to "The Patio Aft Pool" in this article from Cruise Radio, you can see photos of the pool that show stairs going from the deck to the Baja shelf, but ladders from the Baja shelf to the pool:

This isn't the greatest photo of Venezia's pool area, but in this you can see two sets of stairs headed into the pool on the end opposite the fountain (and underneath two more sets of stairs that connect the deck above):

I agree. The steps lead you into the little shelf area around the pool. But to get in and out of the actual deep pool there is 2 ladders. 

2 minutes ago, kelkel2 said:

I agree. The steps lead you into the little shelf area around the pool. But to get in and out of the actual deep pool there is 2 ladders. 

Spent half of last week in this pool.  Definitely ladders, not stairs to get into the pool itself.  THe steps only get you into about 3-4" of water!

10 hours ago, tidecat said:

Steps/ladders same difference to get into the pool.  This I know because the last step/rung, the water was at my chin so up I went.  The water is too deep for me.  

Thanks. I managed to find pictures of the same pool on the Celebration and see there are ladders to the deeper pool. Only stairs for the shallow part. I guess I'll have to try out the Venezia. Too bad for me . 😆