Next program and Solo Travellers

Just wondering if solo travellers are treated any different under the next program when you book on board. For example, i may want to book a solo cabin and not sure how that would be covered. I'm not sure if you book a full cabin if you get the discount off the full price. Sorry i don't really know how next program works but interested in how it affects solo travellers specifically.,

NextCruise OBC will typically be reduced for a solo guest.  It depends.  

As far as cruise fares, Nextcruise doesn't offer anything different from the website.  Solo cruisers typically have to pay a 200% solo supplement.  Some ships have studio cabins that offer a reduced fare for one guest.  Cruisers with more than 340 points in the Crown and Anchor Society receive a reduced solo supplement on most sailings.  

No solo fare rules differences at NextCruise.  

Edited by twangster
  • Like 2

Thanks. I see. I thought you got dollars off the cruise but you get obc, maybe dependant on room category. Is that correct?

Just reading the description. I also see its only a 100 deposit on select fares so next may not be as good as i hoped. Worth a look though since i'm on a cruise end of June.

Edited by latebuyer

16 minutes ago, latebuyer said:

Thanks. I see. I thought you got dollars off the cruise but you get obc, maybe dependant on room category. Is that correct?

Just reading the description. I also see its only a 100 deposit on select fares so next may not be as good as i hoped. Worth a look though since i'm on a cruise end of June.

I booked a solo cabin with refundable deposit onboard. Only $1 difference. A couple gets $76 obc and I got $75 obc. .. the $100 obc is only for nonrefundable fares. I booked a balcony. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, latebuyer said:

Thanks, as a canadian there is still some value to the obc as its in american dollars so its worth more for a canadian.

Maybe,  if you can somehow trade that US OBC into Canadian $$. If you spend it on board, then it’s worth the same as if an American spent it.

I know what you’re meaning, but it’s really not worth any more for a Canadian. Only refundable US OBC is worthwhile to me.  I can take it home with me.

I may have misunderstood you. In any event you do get a nice little boost as a canadian. I would take a savings of 36.00 if you can get it. Anyways we're getting off track here, after reading comments and doing some of  my own reading i am feeling less excited about the next program. However, if i could even get 50 US i'd be satisfied.