Adjoining Cabins one accessible one not

sanders

Does anyone know of any adjoining cabins on a ship where one is wheelchair accessible and the other is not? Can be on any ship basically … was just curious for the future. TIA

Edited by sanders

I cannot think of many accessible cabins that do not have some cabin next to them. There may be a few cabins (accessible or otherwise) that don’t share  common walls with another cabin, but those are comparatively few and are most likely inside cabins.

Now, if you are referring to cabins that have internal connecting doors- a connecting cabin-  those may be very rare. The extra door requires wall space and most cabins have little wall space to sacrifice without losing storage or furniture.

Connecting doors are notoriously bad at providing sound insulation and are often an issue when unrelated parties are on each side of the door.

The Disney Magic and Wonder both have some connecting cabins. I do not know if any of the cabins are accessible.

21 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

Check out MSC.  EM

I don’t see any on Divina, or Meraviglia.  But on Seaside there is a set deck 10 aft starboard, and another deck 14 aft port.  There are many more sets on Seashore, starboard forward.  All are balconies.  I only checked the ships sailing from US.  EM

Thx… isn’t MSC an adult based line? There would most likely be a child travelling with me so ships that cater to families and children mostly interested in,

Edited by sanders

8 hours ago, sanders said:

Thx… isn’t MSC an adult based line? There would most likely be a child travelling with me so ships that cater to families and children mostly interested in,

No, MSC is definitely family oriented.  They are launching a new luxury subsidiary called Explora Journeys that may be adult.  EM

• 2 weeks later...

Last May we sailed on RC Symphony of The Seas with my mom in accessible ocean view balcony cabin 10172 and we were in adjoining regular ocean view balcony cabin 10174. It was great! We even had the room attendant open up the divider outside between our balconies which made one huge balcony!

Also to note, we had previously been booked on RC Harmony of The Seas accessible ocean view balcony cabin 12584 connecting with regular ocean view balcony cabin 12583 that had the same setup but that sailing was canceled due to the pandemic. 

On 6/1/2023 at 11:45 AM, sanders said:

Thx everyone… related question…. Do suites have more privacy? Much more expensive the the regular cabins? Accessible?

They do have accessible suites but not enough privacy for two families traveling in one room. Unless it is a two bedroom and you should always look for pictures on the internet.