10 day Western Caribbean out of Galveston

mnkauf

We have booked a 10 day Western Caribbean Cruise out of Galveston and wanted to hear from others who have been on this cruise.  I know it is subjective but I prefer and softer bed and wondering if I need to bring a foam pad.  Suites were sold out and ended up in a mini-suite.  I hear the bidding process does not work well because you are not sure of the location of the room you will receive.  I am on the 14th floor near the Wedding Chapel.  

I am not a big fan of the lunch buffet.  Do they offer an Unlimited specialty dinning option for an extra fee.   

Any suggestions for excursions that have minimal walking would be appreciated.  

Princess beds in general are fairly soft and comfortable, though you can get the odd mattress that is a tad tired.  They went through a fleetwide bedding refresh initative pre-covid.

As far as specialty dining - in general the specialty dining venues on Princess are not open for lunches.  Princess does not offer dining packages.  The current cost to dine in the ships two Specialty restaurants are:  Crown Grill $39pp and Sabatini's is $35pp.  No additional gratuity is added to these amounts as it is included.  A Chef's table may be offered, check with guest services or by calling the DINE line from your stateroom after boarding for pricing/availability

If you are sailing on the Regal Princess you should have the following COMPLIMENTARY lunch options on boarding day:

• International Café - deck 5 in the Piazza - light sandwiches and salads (counter service)
  • Main Dining room for sit down served lunch - check Patter/app for times and which dining room is open
  • Alfredo's Pizzeria - sit down Neapolitan style pizza, antipasti, salads and calzones - deck 7 (Promenade) overlooking the Piazza
  • Trident Grill and Prego (NY Style) Pizzeria - deck 14 Lido by the main pool
  • Horizon Court/Bistro -  Buffet venue on Lido deck aft with indoor and outdoor seating

Plenty of options to suit most preferences.  And yes - Princess has TWO unique pizza options available on the Regal 🍕🍕 #pizzapizza

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72

2 hours ago, mnkauf said:

I am not a big fan of the lunch buffet.  Do they offer an Unlimited specialty dinning option for an extra fee. 

Breakfast and lunch are also served in the main dining rooms, and then there's Alfredo's, the International Cafe and the poolside grill (as far as I can tell, I don't sail Princess until the end of October, I'm just gleaning from the boards here and the Princess site).