Boat tour and/or Muir Woods San Francisco

This will be my 1st time in San Francisco & California. I'm trying to decide if I should do a boat tour especially to aee the Golden Gate bridge and/or Muir Woods. I'll be on princess & have 2 days in San Fran. Ideally would like to find an excursion that covers both. I only saw going to an island. Are the woods worth visiting? Concerned the weather may not be ideal for viewing.  Would appreciate any input. Thank you.

"Worth" is a totally personal and subjective value. We don't know you, so how can we decide "worth" to you?

You can see the Golden Gate sailing in and/or out, so that could be a low priority.

"Going to an island"? That would be Alcatraz, the famous prison. A very popular and interesting destination.

Muir Woods is neat and unique. Sounds like it may require a private tour in your case. It is VERY high demand to see Muir Woods, and reservations are required, which your tour would take care of.

Weather will not be a factor at Muir Woods, or at Alcatraz, really. Only sailing under the Bridge. It can be clear, or foggy. Won't know until a day or two before.

16 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

"Worth" is a totally personal and subjective value. We don't know you, so how can we decide "worth" to you?

You can see the Golden Gate sailing in and/or out, so that could be a low priority.

"Going to an island"? That would be Alcatraz, the famous prison. A very popular and interesting destination.

Muir Woods is neat and unique. Sounds like it may require a private tour in your case. It is VERY high demand to see Muir Woods, and reservations are required, which your tour would take care of.

Weather will not be a factor at Muir Woods, or at Alcatraz, really. Only sailing under the Bridge. It can be clear, or foggy. Won't know until a day or two before.

Thank you!

On 6/4/2023 at 7:56 PM, nautica34 said:

Thank you! Is the museum within walking distance to the cruise ship dock? I'll be on princess. 

It's on the island between the two bridges linking SF with east bay.  Not walkable due to lack of pedestrian walkways and distance.  The #25 muni bus will take you there or Uber/taxi is quicker.  However, might be more fun to ride the ferry.  https://sf.gov/treasure-island-attractions