AARP Rewards eGift Cards

Uncle Sugar

9 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I am...but when I purchase cards I am not logging into the main AARP site...just the Rewards area.

But in order to purchase the Carnival cards or any of the other cards listed as members only, you have to be a paid for card carrying member of AARP.  With these members only cards you can purchase up to 25 per month.

The Princess cards and other cards that you don't have to be an AARP member to purchase has a limit of 5 cards per person per month.  Just got done purchasing 10 cards @ 500 between mine and my DH's accounts.

• Like 1

An update for those who had read the saga of our $500 Princess Gift Card purchased through AARP that we were told by Princess was empty - and between us and our TA there were many calls, emails and chats between AARP Rewards, Princess Gift Cards and Princess to no avail.  Last week my last call was with AARP and I was told my case was being sent to a resolution team....at least someone was doing something - I hoped!  I planned to call today to see if there was any update, and it bothered me I didn't have a case number or any ref to go by.  But this morning I received an email from our TA saying Princess had processed the missing gift card - and since I had made a payment from another source - that had been refunded.  So some hassle - but all's well 🙂 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, bjkTX said:

An update for those who had read the saga of our $500 Princess Gift Card purchased through AARP that we were told by Princess was empty - and between us and our TA there were many calls, emails and chats between AARP Rewards, Princess Gift Cards and Princess to no avail.  Last week my last call was with AARP and I was told my case was being sent to a resolution team....at least someone was doing something - I hoped!  I planned to call today to see if there was any update, and it bothered me I didn't have a case number or any ref to go by.  But this morning I received an email from our TA saying Princess had processed the missing gift card - and since I had made a payment from another source - that had been refunded.  So some hassle - but all's well 🙂 

Congrats!  Sorry you had to go through all of that.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, daydreamer16 said:

So just looked at the AARP rewards site & I don't see Princess gift cards. Does that we they are all out for the month of August? I'm ok my final payment is not until the end of the year. Thanks!

They are still there.  Use the search button and put Princess, to get to the page, when you’re ready to purchase.

16 minutes ago, daydreamer16 said:

So just looked at the AARP rewards site & I don't see Princess gift cards. Does that we they are all out for the month of August? I'm ok my final payment is not until the end of the year. Thanks!

Looked just now to check. Princess gift cards are still showing on the AARP site.

image.png.8ce8726f7bd853f1a84ee36687b5e3b8.png

I have a random amount that was credited back to one of my gift cards and would like to apply it as obc to one of my upcoming cruises.  But the personalizer only gives me the options of credit card or paypal.  Do I have to call in to apply the gift card or wait until I'm onboard?  Thx.

1 hour ago, pompeii said:

I have a random amount that was credited back to one of my gift cards and would like to apply it as obc to one of my upcoming cruises.  But the personalizer only gives me the options of credit card or paypal.  Do I have to call in to apply the gift card or wait until I'm onboard?  Thx.

I would do it OB with GS. Print out the GC for them, they will want a paper copy. Write down the amount leftover and check your balance on the card.

The phone agents have problems figuring out how to add a GC, much less a partial card.  JMO from previous experience. 

If you have a TA/CVP they may be able to add a GC for OBC for you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/1/2023 at 8:44 AM, bjkTX said:

No I don't - and I'm not sure why not 🙂  I bought them some time ago when I booked the cruise(s) and I remember seeing all the email notices in a file somewhere - but now I don't see them so I'm assuming that once I printed out the certificates and deleted all the emails.  I have another 13 sitting here for the next cruise - same thing...  Yeah, I know 🙂

FYI unless you are using encrpted email it is not secure and can be viewed as it passes from server to server. New send the card numbbers and pins in he ssame email. The chance are small but it can happen. Hackers have software that looks for what looks like card and pin numbers.