AARP Rewards eGift Cards

bhawks9

Royal Caribbean and Celebrity do NOT have normal gift certificates like most of us expect. They are devises as per their statement on AARP The list of restrictions is long and not worth it to me. I lost money on one not realizing it must be used in full on one transaction so the balance of the certificate is lost.

"

TERMS AND CONDITIONS:

GIFT DEVICES MUST BE REDEEMED DIRECTLY THROUGH ROYAL CARIBBEAN INTERNATIONAL® for the U.S. dollar value shown on the face of the Gift Device."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

TIP: If you use the "Print the card" option on the page where you get the actual card and save it as a pdf you can open that pdf and simply click on the card number to highlight it and then copy the number and paste it into the query field. It's much easier and more certain than typing that long number into the space. The PIN can be copied the same way although it's only 4 digits so less chance of messing it up. (I copy and paste both the number and the PIN.)

That's a very good piece of advice.  I save the cards as a pdf and copy and paste all of the card numbers and pin numbers into the same Word document.  When final payment comes due, I email that Word document to my TA.  It works just fine.

@Thrak -  I'm just curious.  I've never actually checked the balances of any of my gift cards after receiving them.  Is there another reason why you do it other than peace of mind?  Thanks.