Please help clarify wine choices in basic vs premium drink package

Lorenky

4 hours ago, happy cruzer said:

Yeah, I guess I got side tacked when bikerunner said that you searched out the head sommelier.

We dealt with one sommelier who kept offering the only two red wines that he had by the glass on Apex.  Those were one the list but any others were out of stock.  So  that 's is why I post that you can not rely on negotiating your way to good service.  Just too much hassle for us.

So if they hide your wines, does that do a dis-service to others?

Jus too much hassle...

Usually do as usually talk to f&b director on board also at some point I use to run hotels and resorts for many years.  I have no problem talking to the jr sommeliers just easier to talk and get answers from the main one.  

On 7/6/2023 at 12:11 PM, neverlaysup said:

We have as well, I remember a cruise in late 2021 where our Somm poured us nothing but wine NOT offered on the by the glass menu each night...if was a fun...some hits and some misses.

Last year on the Eclipse a table mate took a liking to Elegance pinot noir and ordered 2 bottles to be delivered to her stateroom on the last day. Waiter quoted her $40 a bottle. I knew it could not be as in premium package but said nothing.  In all honesty I haven't seen any wine sold for $40 a bottle.  The next evening he comes over to say its $70 each plus 20%.  She was very disappointed and declined.  These waiters need to learn prices before quoting to guests.