Granddaughter traveling

FLOURTOWN

A passport is the best thing; however, assuming she doesn't have one (you don't mention her age) you will need a notarized letter from your son/daughter giving you permission to take her and authorization for medical treatment. You will also need her certified birth certificate.

There is a section on celebrity's website - here is the link:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/beforeyourcruise/faq/home.do;jsessionid=00000zofFzE0AL-jlF5EXK4RytI:1051tg34t?faqSubjectName=Online+Check-in+and+Documentation&faqId=460&pagename=faq_answers

Happy cruising.

As soon as I get on my other computer I will send you a link for the form to get notorized. Despite what others may say do not leave home without it. It also covers permission for medical treatment which is a must.

Both parents need to sign the notorized form, also. (Even if there is a divorce and one parent has full custody.) If you have time, get her a passport. It is the easiest way to go, but a certified birth certifcate will suffice.

That being said, we had a passport and the ceritifed letters but no one asked for the letters. I would always take them, tho. The next person may ask for them.

GET ONE FROM EACH PARENT.................

Consent for National/International Travel with Adult

I, (print full name)________________________________ am the lawful Guardian (Father/Mother)of ________________________________born on ____DATE_________in______CITY—AND—STATE____.

My child, ________________, has my consent to travel with _____________and/or ________________ from ____________, to and from all locations; including but not limited to ____________, from __DATE__________to ___DATE________on ANY and ALL modes of Ground, Sea or Air Transportation.

In the event that my child requires medical treatment and I cannot be reached, __________________and/or _______________are authorized to make medical decisions in my stead.

Any questions regarding this consent can be directed to me at this address:

Home Phone: (_____)

THIS CONSENT SIGNED ON________DATE_________/2006_

SIGNATURE OF PARENT

NOTARIZED_________________________

____________________________________ ((NOTARY SEAL))

In the travel industry of today, even though adults have their birth certificates, we are still required also to show proof of photo Id.

Are children required to have a photo Id?

I guess next year that will be taken care of when all travelers will be required to have a passport.

In the travel industry of today, even though adults have their birth certificates, we are still required also to show proof of photo Id.

Are children required to have a photo Id?

I guess next year that will be taken care of when all travelers will be required to have a passport.

Check with your carrier or cruiseline but generally under 16 children do not need picture ID only the birth certificate for those areas that accept BCs.

Archived