Handicapped Seating Section Meraviglia

jcpc

Hi,

We're new to MSC.  Is there a Handicapped Seating Section in both The Broadway Theatre and the Carousel Lounge on Meraviglia?  One member of our party uses a rollator and cannot descend or ascend stairs.  Also, I've read that there is reserved seating in The Broadway Theater for Yacht Club passengers. Is this reserved seating area handicapped accessible?  Thanks in advance.

On 6/4/2023 at 4:44 PM, jcpc said:

Hi,

We're new to MSC.  Is there a Handicapped Seating Section in both The Broadway Theatre and the Carousel Lounge on Meraviglia?  One member of our party uses a rollator and cannot descend or ascend stairs.  Also, I've read that there is reserved seating in The Broadway Theater for Yacht Club passengers. Is this reserved seating area handicapped accessible?  Thanks in advance.

We sailed Meraviglia May 21-28 and noticed four or five seats reserved for handicapped patrons on both ends of the highest row in the center section of the Broadway Theater. I think, though, that at least one to two steps down was required to get to them. They did have reserved seating for Yacht Club in the Broadway Theater, it's the far left section as you enter, 3-4 rows, so again, may require stepping down to get to part of it. I *think* part of it was on the same level as you enter, but can't remember. We were in the Carousel Lounge three times as well. I don't recall specifically seeing handicapped seating, but I do recall seeing some seating available at tables on the same level as you enter the theater. 

Edited by NCMtnBoys

@NCMtnBoysThanks so much for the information.  Not really what I would consider true "handicapped" seating if you have to walk down a few stairs......but......it is what it is.  I wonder how they accommodate wheelchair and scooter users?

• Like 1