Carnival changed excursion times - no notice

Joanne G.

I periodically check my reservations and cruise planners for my upcoming Pride July cruises in Europe to make sure everything in order.  This morning, I saw in one port where I had booked morning and afternoon excursions, Carnival had me on the two excursions departing at the same time in the morning.    I checked the current descriptions of the two excursions, and the afternoon time I had chosen for one of them was no longer an option.  Carnival took the liberty of putting me on that excursion with a morning time, without regard to the fact that I had already booked a different excursion for the morning.  I have no record of any notification of the change.  I had to cancel one of them.   

I then checked my other booked excursions for my B2B cruises, and almost all of them are now at different start times from my original bookings, anywhere from 15 minutes to 2 hours difference.   These time changes are mostly insignificant, but they may affect independent plans I might have had, even if that just meant exploring a port on my own before or after an excursion.  

I get that the changes may be out of Carnival's hands and dictated by the tour companies, but I feel a notification would be a courtesy.   And there is no excuse for putting me on two excursions at the same time in the same port.   At least I noticed it now and could cancel with a refund to my credit card.

So, I advise everyone who has booked Carnival excursions to periodically check their cruise planner if they aren't already doing so!

• Like 1

not unique to carnival, other cruise lines do have the same thing. all cruise lines is at the mercy for the local tour operator and what times they want to run the tours

last month i did a cruise on royal. i found out on embarkation day with a letter that the times of 2 tours i had booked had a time change. a morning tour became an afternoon tour and another tour was shifted by 2 hours 

I know you probably do not want my advice but planning 2 excursions at one port of call is really hard to pull off.  In practice excursions rarely begin and end on time.  If the morning excursion is late returning you stand a good chance of missing the 2nd excursion and there will be NO refunds available.

Case in point, the White Pass railway excursion we were on had a locomotive breakdown and we were 2 hours late returning to the ship.  Stuff happens!

Edited by rcrabb1513
fixed grammar
  • Like 1

On 6/5/2023 at 8:24 AM, shof515 said:

not unique to carnival, other cruise lines do have the same thing. all cruise lines is at the mercy for the local tour operator and what times they want to run the tours

last month i did a cruise on royal. i found out on embarkation day with a letter that the times of 2 tours i had booked had a time change. a morning tour became an afternoon tour and another tour was shifted by 2 hours 

Royal did that to me too, though not a huge time difference. They combined 2 groups into one. No notice. I didnt notice for a day and was told too late to cancel. 3rd party vendors. I suspect same as carnival uses.