Luggage tags question

TroubleT

Since I am mostly Celebrity cruiser and it never happened to me before, I deal with this situation for the first time with HA.

There are 7 days left till my sailing from Vancouver.

Stateroom # has been assigned on Monday. But still there are no eDocs in my account. And there are no luggage tags.

Do you "create" your own luggage tags in this case? 

I just don't want my suitcases to sail on a different ship. 

Edited by TroubleT
error
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, TroubleT said:

Since I am mostly Celebrity cruiser and it never happened to me before, I deal with this situation for the first time with HA.

There are 7 days left till my sailing from Vancouver.

Stateroom # has been assigned on Monday. But still there are no eDocs in my account. And there are no luggage tags.

Do you "create" your own luggage tags in this case? 

I just don't want my suitcases to sail on a different ship. 

Are you all checked in? 

4 minutes ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

Are you all checked in? 

Yes, I am. Even got my Boarding Pass and check in time at the Terminal. But still no edocs and luggage tags. My  TA said eDocs should be posted in my account within 24-48 hours. It's been more than that.

Edited by TroubleT

2 minutes ago, TroubleT said:

Yes, I am. Even got my Boarding Pass and check in time at the Terminal. But still no edocs and luggage tags. My  TA said eDocs should be posted in my account within 24-48 hours. It's been more than that.

Sometimes it helps if you go in and change one little thing during the check in process.  Maybe the spelling of your emergency contact or something minor. New documents are created.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

Sometimes it helps if you go in and change one little thing during the check in process.  Maybe the spelling of your emergency contact or something minor. New documents are created.

But they already issued Boarding Pass and assigned check in time. It means everything looks good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TroubleT said:

But they already issued Boarding Pass and assigned check in time. It means everything looks good.

What documents are you expecting other than boarding pass and bag tag? Pretty sure those are the only ones they provide.

49 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

What documents are you expecting other than boarding pass and bag tag? Pretty sure those are the only ones they provide.

The luggage tags were missing. ) But I called HA and they emailed them to me. So it's all good.

And by eDocs I meant the whole big package Celebrity emails you approximately 30 days before sailing. Used to be a beautiful booklet. Now they save every penny and email it to all guests.

• Like 1

The luggage tags were missing. ) But I called HA and they emailed them to me. So it's all good.

And by eDocs I meant the whole big package Celebrity emails you approximately 30 days before sailing. Used to be a beautiful booklet. Now they save every penny and email it to all guests.

HAL also used to send out a bunch of stuff in a fancy folder. Long gone, well before Covid.

To see them, you need to be on HAL site, not on the Navigator App. They're under "online check in." Same place and screen where you get boarding pass you select luggage tags, which is the "Docs" tab. They will be available (clickable/printable) even before your boarding pass is ready. Even before cabin assigned on a guarantee. They'll be available even if some of your check in tabs are incomplete.

In these screenshots, you can see my boarding pass is not available yet, but luggage tags are there.

BTW, the boarding pass in this area, different than on the Navigator App, is many pages long and includes the itinerary. It has details of your cruise and contract. It's also where you'll see transfers if you purchased them. If you want to print your boarding pass, you really only need the 2nd page that has a small barcode in lower left corner.

You should be good since they were emailed to you, but you might check just to see if you find them; that way, you'll know how to find them on your next HAL cruise!

20230606_203449.jpg

20230606_203247.jpg

20230531_173324.jpg

Edited by Haljo1935
Uploads
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In your screen shot I'm surprised you got your Doc's because you have a red warning under passport. Mine would not let me go all the way to Doc's if the others were not completed.

1 hour ago, ski ww said:

In your screen shot I'm surprised you got your Doc's because you have a red warning under passport. Mine would not let me go all the way to Doc's if the others were not completed.

I believe that the screen shot was just to show where the button is. Ours looks like that because DW is waiting on her passport renewal. I can't print docs yet, but the button is there. (It's merely a decorative button at the moment.)

1 hour ago, ski ww said:

The boarding pass isn't available, but it wouldn't be regardless of the red passport warning as it's too soon. I always get the luggage tags right away, also regardless of red warnings.

That passport warning is due to Guest 2 waiting to receive passport renewal, so who knows when that will clear, lol.

The screenshot of the boarding pass is from a different booking - it's for the last trip April 29-May 6, while the other 2 screenshots are from an upcoming Oct cruise. And are there as @POA1 said to show where they're located.

10 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

To see them, you need to be on HAL site, not on the Navigator App. They're under "online check in." Same place and screen where you get boarding pass you select luggage tags, which is the "Docs" tab. They will be available (clickable/printable) even before your boarding pass is ready. Even before cabin assigned on a guarantee. They'll be available even if some of your check in tabs are incomplete...

We booked a 2025 transpacific. I completed the check in - although our passport expire in 2025 a few months after the sailing, so that will have to be updated next year some time - and the luggage tags were available to be printed immediately. This was done on the HAL Web site.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ExArkie said:

We booked a 2025 transpacific. I completed the check in - although our passport expire in 2025 a few months after the sailing, so that will have to be updated next year some time - and the luggage tags were available to be printed immediately. This was done on the HAL Web site.

Yes, that's been my experience  - luggage tags available immediately on the web.

🙂

• Like 1