Final pay 30 or 120 days?

Asawi

This isn't really a problem at all, just me being curious:

All NCL documentation I can find about Final pay states 120 days for most cruises, and I also see those 120 days mentioned here in different posts.

HOWEVER, on "all" (there's just 3...) my booked cruises final pay has been 30 days before cruise. Cruises booked well in advance (more than 120 days). I'm absolutely not complaining but, as I said, curious. 

I suspect it's because I'm European (Swedish). Odd though that the FAQ on "our" NCL site still says 120 days as far as what I could find. 

Other Europeans get the same 30 days?

(And yes, this IS an international forum. NOT a US forum. Just mention that since a poster claimed otherwise recently!)

1 minute ago, Asawi said:

This isn't really a problem at all, just me being curious:

All NCL documentation I can find about Final pay states 120 days for most cruises, and I also see those 120 days mentioned here in different posts.

HOWEVER, on "all" (there's just 3...) my booked cruises final pay has been 30 days before cruise. Cruises booked well in advance (more than 120 days). I'm absolutely not complaining but, as I said, curious. 

I suspect it's because I'm European (Swedish). Odd though that the FAQ on "our" NCL site still says 120 days as far as what I could find. 

(And yes, this IS an international forum. NOT a US forum. Just mention that since a poster claimed otherwise recently!)

Not sure if it is every EU country seen it for Germany that's at least one other  never applied to the UK during membership.  

8 minutes ago, insidecabin said:

Not sure if it is every EU country seen it for Germany that's at least one other  never applied to the UK during membership.  

So it's 120 days for UK guests?

18 minutes ago, Asawi said:

So it's 120 days for UK guests?

I tend to book well within 120 days

UK T&C say 70 days.

a quick test  book

Cruise 17 Jan 2024

Minimum deposit: £200. Difference is due 08/11/2023, 23:59 ET

that's 70 days (8 Nov 2023, proper way to do dates).

penalties above loss of deposit  kick in at 60 days

All categories (except Cruise Tours packages as set out below):

Period before departure notification of cancellation received by us

Cancellation charge per person cancelling*

more than 60 days

Loss of Deposit

59 - 42 days

25%

41 - 29 days

50%

28 - 15 days

75%

14 - 8 days

90%

7 days and less+

100%

After departure

100%

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, insidecabin said:

I tend to book well within 120 days

UK T&C say 70 days.

This is (sort of) interesting (at least to a curious person like me)! We now have 70 and 30 days apart from the 120 days. Go figure...

56 minutes ago, Asawi said:

All NCL documentation I can find about Final pay states 120 days for most cruises,

Which NCL documentation do you see? 

HOWEVER, on "all" (there's just 3...) my booked cruises final pay has been 30 days before cruise. Cruises booked well in advance (more than 120 days).

I think this information is from your actual booking confirmation, right?

Edited by Serengeti228

3 minutes ago, Asawi said:

This is (sort of) interesting (at least to a curious person like me)! We now have 70 and 30 days apart from the 120 days. Go figure...

Also  on top in the UK agents make their own rules up as they like to hold customers money.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Serengeti228 said:

Which NCL documentation do you see? 

I think this information is form your actual booking confirmation.

Yes, of course I see MY final pay date in my booking confirmation! What makes me curious is all the talk about 120 days from other sources. For example the enclosed screenshot from the European NCL page (or at least the one I always get directed to). Googling NCL Final Pay hasn't given me anything except the 120 days. Hence my curiosity! It's just curiosity, not in any way a worry about my own bookings where everything is perfectly clear! Good thing I'm not a cat...

Final pay.png

I believe that the 30 days final payment date is an "EU regulated thing", with particual rules and regulations for socalled "package tours/package holidays". The 120 days payment date is for the American market.

Edited by TrumpyNor
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TrumpyNor said:

I believe that the 30 days final payment date is an "EU regulated thing", with particual rules and regulations for socalled "package tours/package holidays". The 120 days payment date is for the American market.

Makes perfect sense! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Asawi said:

Yes, of course I see MY final pay date in my booking confirmation! What makes me curious is all the talk about 120 days from other sources. For example the enclosed screenshot from the European NCL page (or at least the one I always get directed to). Googling NCL Final Pay hasn't given me anything except the 120 days. Hence my curiosity! It's just curiosity, not in any way a worry about my own bookings where everything is perfectly clear! Good thing I'm not a cat...

I believe NCL adopts different rules, pricing, promos and marketing strategies in different markets within the confine of the local laws and regulations.

I have made bookings in NCL US, French, and Asia markets. Just to share some international perspectives in this topic. 

Take the French market, which I had booked with my french friend before as an example, the final payment date as you indicated is currently 30 days prior to departure and any cancellation prior to 29 days will incur penalty of 20% cancelllation fee or the deposit amount (correct me this point if I am wrong).  For the NCL Asia market which I currently hold 3 bookings, the final payment date is 90 days prior to departure date and any cancellation prior to 90 days will be free of charge, noting that 90 days was a change from 70 days since early 2022.

• Like 1