NCL Sky

Jonestown

Currently on a 10-day cruise on the Sky 6/8/23 - 6/18/23. We’re 3 days in so far, and well, it’s been a ***** show to say the least.  Not all of it is NCL’s fault to be sure. All of the staff are extremely nice, and ready to help however they can. 

However….

We missed our first port of call to Dominican Republic because the goddamn propulsion system on the ship broke, and we could only go at half speed. So now an extra sea day and some dumbass took their two year old into one of the pools, swallowed a bunch of sea water, and puked in the pool closing it down for the rest of the day. But wait, it gets better - the same dumbass took the kid into the other pool an hour later and the same thing happened. Here we are on our second sea day (the first one it rained all day) and both pools are closed for the day before noon.

Whoever said that all staterooms were remodeled in 2019 or whenever has no idea what they’re talking about.  New carpet maybe, but our closet doors are failing off, there are stress fractures in the fiberglass shower, trim being “held” together with putty. I could go on and on. 

We’ll still have fun I’m sure but holy ***** it’s not off to a good start!

• Like 1

I sailed the Sky in January and it was fantastic.  Was I on a different ship?

1 hour ago, Jonestown said:

We’ll still have fun I’m sure but holy ***** it’s not off to a good start!

Is Alexa still on the Sky?  If so, listen to Alexa for an hour and you'll be in a much better place.  Also, I recommend full utilization of your beverage package.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I don't suppose anyone has noticed an error on the NCL site? Went in to look for additional booking in December 1st cruise on the Sky from Miami, tried numerous devices here in the UK and it alters the dates to January to November only? Worried something amiss with the cruise 

2 hours ago, farringtonb said:

I don't suppose anyone has noticed an error on the NCL site? Went in to look for additional booking in December 1st cruise on the Sky from Miami, tried numerous devices here in the UK and it alters the dates to January to November only? Worried something amiss with the cruise 

It works fine on the US site but before going to the actual booking there is a notice that the itinerary has changed.

39 minutes ago, julig22 said:

It works fine on the US site but before going to the actual booking there is a notice that the itinerary has changed.

Thank you. It mentions the itinerary change but then it goes like my attached image 

20230615_184108.jpg

Update and disclaimer:

We are not cruise veterans. This is only our second cruise, the first one being on Carnival 25 years ago. 

The pool incident on our second, unexpected sea day had me very much on tilt, and I wanted to vent I suppose. Our room issues were handled promptly once we requested maintenance, and it’s been smooth sailing ever since. The ship is older and small, but the crew is absolutely fantastic. We really couldn’t ask for anything else on that front. Food has been good, not great but my wife is a very picky eater so really no complaints there. 

One thing I do want to point out after reading several reviews prior to sailing would be regarding drinks and entertainment. Both have been awesome, although I don’t really have anything to compare them to. The shows have been great IMO, and I’ve never had to wait more than a couple of minutes for a drink. The cruise directors (Carlos? And Sheree?) are both awesome!

We have 3 days left and haven’t seen anything about the laundry bag deal or whatever. Maybe we missed it, but I only packed 5 t-shirts and have had to buy one in every port. 😬

Holler back with any other questions!

• Like 4