Barely Live review Iona to the Fjords 10/6

Deeliteful

9 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

I think I’ve heard four different excuses given so far to different people. Plenty of scope for more 😂 

Yes, indeed!

I personally have have the following:

Post effects of Covid

No butane (twice)

H&S

Coming back, but staff need training 

And now....tables too close together 

On Friday night it was just one lad that was making the crêpes and carving the ham all night, and that was in the middle of the restaurant.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Selbourne said:

They seem to give a different reason to everyone who asks 😂. We were on QM2 recently (part of the same group) and the tables in Princess Grill were very close together, yet they managed the full table-side and flambé service without any issue. The only thing was that they had to check that they weren’t under a sprinkler as the flames went so high with all the booze that went in 🤪. I strongly suspect that it’s more likely a staffing issue - lack of, inexperience or both. Glad to hear that you still enjoyed it though. We are very much looking forward to Epicurean on Britannia, Iona and Ventura this year 👍

I’ve read a recent report ‘elsewhere’ that on Ventura they flambéd the crepes by the table! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/16/2023 at 6:52 PM, Deeliteful said:

Just that the pool is so small and they were splashing to get water over wall so not great for passengers below.

So not really 'kids' but irresponsible kids deliberately trying to splash passengers?

I'm guessing as you were in term time it was mostly child free cruising.

I've been given the impression they are aiming for Iona to be very much appealing to families (have heard her called butlins-on-sea), so it will be interesting as to how it differs in the height of school holidays.  The ports don't seem to be massively appealing to children, so they might be moving the families onto other ships (which honestly I have no idea about, I just agreed to it with my wife as a cruise sounds great, I'd not done any research).

Thanks for all your wonderful posts though.

43 minutes ago, ParisHilton said:

So not really 'kids' but irresponsible kids deliberately trying to splash passengers?

I'm guessing as you were in term time it was mostly child free cruising.

I've been given the impression they are aiming for Iona to be very much appealing to families (have heard her called butlins-on-sea), so it will be interesting as to how it differs in the height of school holidays.  The ports don't seem to be massively appealing to children, so they might be moving the families onto other ships (which honestly I have no idea about, I just agreed to it with my wife as a cruise sounds great, I'd not done any research).

Thanks for all your wonderful posts though.

No I would say irresponsible parents not kids!

Definitely not Butlins at Sea.

Depends on the kids and their ages re ports, plenty of hiking, kayaking, RIB boats that some would enjoy.

• Like 1

Hi

Looks like the same balcony we had in February,,end one on hump.

Great balcony,,huge.

But did you not feel a lack of privacy when you was out on the edge from those above…the same for those balconies set back with you looking over them,,,,especially the balcony next door.

IMG_0964.thumb.jpeg.92115f4d394fc71c478673f2dbac9837.jpegIMG_2217.thumb.jpeg.796240f7778c2b9a8e16da953cd91d57.jpeg

Great blog Btw.

Edited by JeanieC,Aston
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Deeliteful said:

No privacy issues for us, not that we noticed anyway 😂

That guy with the binoculars two decks up and ten cabins down did though!😉

Edited by TigerB
  • Haha 4

On 6/18/2023 at 5:33 AM, P&O SUE said:

I’ve read a recent report ‘elsewhere’ that on Ventura they flambéd the crepes by the table! 

Yes, they definitely did that on Ventura last month, when we ate in Epicurean 4 times and experienced it ourselves (and the ham carving table-side) each time these items were on the menu.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ParisHilton said:

Me again. Do you have any idea what the spa cost?  not so much the treatments but the hot tub\steam room etc.  Although I believe there are few hot tubs around the ship too 🙂

I think it was £40 for 2 hour session fin the spa (Sauna, steam room, hot tubs, relaxing rooms etc.)  We only had a massage.  On another cruise line, we got free session in the spa if you had a massage but not on Iona (or other P&O ships I guess).   

2 hours ago, RA10 said:

I think it was £40 for 2 hour session fin the spa (Sauna, steam room, hot tubs, relaxing rooms etc.)  We only had a massage.  On another cruise line, we got free session in the spa if you had a massage but not on Iona (or other P&O ships I guess).   

That seems reasonable (not that I have anything to compare to).

Thanks for the info.

ps presumably we could use onboard credit for this, we got some when we booked.

22 minutes ago, ParisHilton said:

That seems reasonable (not that I have anything to compare to).

Thanks for the info.

ps presumably we could use onboard credit for this, we got some when we booked.

Yes you can

• Like 1