Slow Response (Email) from Virgin

-The-True-North-

23 minutes ago, -The-True-North- said:

Hello,

Anyone else waiting 10 business days+, to get a response from Sailor Services via email?

We also sent an email to the promotions email and same thing... No response.

Is this normal? We sent 2 follow ups.

I've had to email a few times- one for a question about a promotion and another time to figure out how to submit an upgrade bid- both times I got an email back within a week or so, but it definitely wasn't very fast. I'd pick the phone up and call- I always get fast response that way.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Shaded Lady said:

I'd pick the phone up and call- I always get fast response that way.

Agree. The help desk seems to be fully staffed and if the person who answers isn't fully knowledgeable they are able to find someone who is.

I haven't been able to get promotional emails from VV for a long time. (I get booking-related emails, just no promos.) I'm sure I opted out during the pandemic, but I can't opt back in to save my life. This means, for example, I don't get stuff like 10% off QR code that was running a while back. (That said, phone service helped me with that specific promo.) A friend of mine forwards me all the promo emails I don't get.

I've selected/unselected/re-selected 'opt in' to marketing materials from many different places.

They are not landing in my spam folder. 

(I would never have marked them as spam anyway, I know how to unsubscribe.) 

I've been using the same email address the whole time. 

Every once in a while I try emailing them about this, because it's not really worth a phone call. I usually hear back from them about 4-5 days later, basically saying something that amounts to "we investigated ourselves and found no evidence of wrongdoing", proclaim my problem fixed, and then send me a survey five minutes later.

TLDR don't count on email support. 🙂

Thanks all,

Decided to call in today, just to ensure my emails were making it through.

After 1 hour on the phone with the UK, who forwarded me to LA, no changes yet.

1 item was denied, sucks but I wasn't really expecting anything.

2. They are "reviewing" the case. Not to sure what there is to review. Virgin had an limited time offer, I booked a trip and paid in full, so I should receive what was initially promised. Would that not be bait and switch if it's not given?

12 minutes ago, -The-True-North- said:

2. They are "reviewing" the case. Not to sure what there is to review. Virgin had an limited time offer, I booked a trip and paid in full, so I should receive what was initially promised. Would that not be bait and switch if it's not given?

Another good reason to book with an agent--they do the fighting for you!  It never hurts to have a third party on your side.  I don't know how agents work in Canada though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AdoraBelle said:

I haven't been able to get promotional emails from VV for a long time.

I'm in the same boat! Except, instead of not getting regular promotional emails, I suddenly started getting the promotional emails they send to travel agents. I have no idea why. I'm not a travel agent, and when I first started sailing Virgin I wasn't even using a travel agent. There is something mysterious about their email system for sure.

I admit though, that I haven't even attempted to fix this problem. It's just not worth my time as at least I am kept aware of the promotions through the TA emails I get. 😂

• Like 1