Anyone going on July 16 2023 Pacific Islands from Sydney?

The roll call for this cruise on Carnival Splendor is not very active. I can't be the only person on CC who is going on this cruise to Vanuatu, Fiji and New Caledonia.  Anyone  from Australia and NZ going, and interested in shore excursions?

1 hour ago, cruiser3775 said:

The roll call for this cruise on Carnival Splendor is not very active. I can't be the only person on CC who is going on this cruise to Vanuatu, Fiji and New Caledonia.  Anyone  from Australia and NZ going, and interested in shore excursions?

I found roll calls on cc aren’t very active. My daughter looked on another website for same cruise and it was very active.  

3 hours ago, cruiser3775 said:

Sadly that is the way Carnival likes it. They would prefer to have you think they are the only cruise line and all other sites are irrelevant.

40 minutes ago, sayaguru said:

I'm finding the same for the Carnival one I'm on in Sept. No answers on the rollcall. 

It is so disappointing.  I wanted to share a car hire in Airlie Beach, as I know the area well.  Ended up having a lovely day car hire on my own.

I am wondering perhaps with the return to cruising that the roll call and arranging of shared excursions is perhaps impacted by people not wanting to get too close (for want of a better phrase) with others not in their own travel party. Maybe the threat of COVID is still in people's minds. For us, we seem to have lost interest in private shore excursions with people we don't know which is often one of the main reasons for the roll call. We do a lot of research before and know what we want to do or see in each port and if needed will book something privately. As well, for Australian and NZ ports, we have been to the areas before and don't need to visit the tourist spots.

10 hours ago, Aussieflyer said:

I am wondering perhaps with the return to cruising that the roll call and arranging of shared excursions is perhaps impacted by people not wanting to get too close (for want of a better phrase) with others not in their own travel party. Maybe the threat of COVID is still in people's minds. For us, we seem to have lost interest in private shore excursions with people we don't know which is often one of the main reasons for the roll call. We do a lot of research before and know what we want to do or see in each port and if needed will book something privately. As well, for Australian and NZ ports, we have been to the areas before and don't need to visit the tourist spots.

My daughter showed me that there were a lot of people on another website's roll call, for the same cruise, interested in sharing port experiences.  When I was getting some money at the Money Exchange there was a lady going on the same cruise as me.  She hadn't heard of CC, so I think it is not as well known as it used to be by people of my era. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

My daughter showed me that there were a lot of people on another website's roll call

Yes, I found that one once you alerted me to it. But I won't be joining in there, because of a previous bad experience with that website. Maybe someone who is on it will mention the CC roll call for me? I'm happy to research and contact tour suppliers. My problem is that I am a solo traveller, which means I have to find other people to go on independent shore excursions, so I can share costs.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cruiser3775 said:

Yes, I found that one once you alerted me to it. But I won't be joining in there, because of a previous bad experience with that website. Maybe someone who is on it will mention the CC roll call for me? I'm happy to research and contact tour suppliers. My problem is that I am a solo traveller, which means I have to find other people to go on independent shore excursions, so I can share costs.

Yes that is my problem.  Yes solo is too expensive.  However it was car hire to my favourite place on my birthday so I went solo anyway and had a wonderful day.  

I can understand why I get charged for two people when I am the only one in the room, but I really feel cheated when they halve the onboard credit I can get.  If I'm paying for two, I should get the OBC for two as well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cruiser3775 said:

I can understand why I get charged for two people when I am the only one in the room, but I really feel cheated when they halve the onboard credit I can get.  If I'm paying for two, I should get the OBC for two as well.

yes agree obc should be per cabin.

• Like 1