First cruise out of Galveston

Shippy

If you’re on Facebook, check out Galveston Saltwater Moms.  They provide transportation from either airport to Galveston.  We use the ships transfers to and from the airport and fly into HOU (it’s much closer).  We fly in the day before and stay at a hotel near the airport with free shuttle to and from airport.  Just take the shuttle back to airport morning of cruise and meet the Princess reps in baggage claim between 9 and 10 am.

• Like 2

Houston Hobby is closer to the Galveston port as it's on the south side of town. Houston Intercontinental is on the far north side of town and Houston traffic is brutal.

With that said, IAH (Intercontinental) is bigger, newer (not new, just newer) and cleaner. It is also on the fringe of town, not really in the city. Some people prefer that to the smaller Hobby airport. Hobby is IN the city which makes it difficult to access during the week.

4 hours ago, beshears said:

I'm hoping when it gets closer to Google the Houston/Hobby Airport and see what kind of shuttle we can find, unless we get one from a hotel if we fly in the day before.

Yes, checking closer to the date should give you several options - it's a large place and busy airport. If I were cruising out of Galveston I'd fly into Hobby.

Safe travels - enjoy your cruise.