Is Royal Caribbean building any small ships?

2 hours ago, Jumping Cruiser said:

The Captain hinted

Yep... my head Audi mechanic told me about Audi's new super car coming into production in 2029 (which hasn't been announced yet), with all the various technical specifications... because he knows exactly what the execs are planning in Germany. 🙄

Captain Ron on Wonder also said that Royal will be working on smaller ships. No further details except that for his next contract he will be heading to Finland (?) to oversee the Star. He was also asked if Royal would be doing any adult-only ships, and he said “Try Celebrity”. 

3 hours ago, Jumping Cruiser said:

Not places that don’t exist, but those that Royal don’t have suitable hardware to serve.

The Captain hinted at a return to homeports in both South Africa and South America as part of this. 

If Royal wanted to go back to those regions, they could do it today with their existing ships.

There's no chance Project discovery is smaller than Vision or Radiance, so it won't make those places any more servable in the future than they are today.

But that's basically irrelevant because Royal's focus is clearly on shorter, high volume sailings with cruises longer than a week being eliminated wherever possible. Exotic destinations are the exact opposite of the strategy.

10 hours ago, elcuchio24 said:

You cant compare SS and Celebrity with the mainstream lines. I don't buy that they'll roll out a new class of smaller ships just to cater to old people who miss the good 'ol days whos consumerism days will be ending shortly. Just my opinion.

Do you think all younger people like big crowded ships with 5000+ people that overflow the same small ports and Islands over and over again for their vacation?

• Like 2