Published times of Celebrity excursions

GreenDice

Hi all Celebrity cruisers,

I am planning two excursions for a port we are going to visit next year. How accurate are the times the Celebrity web site listed for their excursions? 

Can I trust the times to book both and there will be no conflict? If the times are accurate, I can then safely book one of two excursions through local companies. I have to stick with Celebrity for the first excursion because their tour time is much earlier than what I can find elsewhere. Is that typical?

Any insight is appreciated.

1 hour ago, GreenDice said:

Hi all Celebrity cruisers,

I am planning two excursions for a port we are going to visit next year. How accurate are the times the Celebrity web site listed for their excursions? 

Can I trust the times to book both and there will be no conflict? If the times are accurate, I can then safely book one of two excursions through local companies. I have to stick with Celebrity for the first excursion because their tour time is much earlier than what I can find elsewhere. Is that typical?

Any insight is appreciated.

On our recent cruise, we booked an early morning excursion through Celebrity.  About a month before the cruise, we received notice that there was a change in time.  The change was 2 hours later than we had originally thought it was.  Sometimes, Celebrity is at the mercy of the independent contractors they do business with.  

7 minutes ago, keesar said:

About a month before the cruise, we received notice that there was a change in time.  The change was 2 hours later than we had originally thought it was.  

@keesar One month would give me enough time to adjust. Was the changed time accurate when you actually arrived at the port?

1 minute ago, GreenDice said:

@keesar One month would give me enough time to adjust. Was the changed time accurate when you actually arrived at the port?

Yes, we left on time and returned back to the dock at the adjusted times.  

Been on excursions were arrived back later because of traffic. The times you see about month out are correct but like said traffic, had a missing couple who wandered off from the group etc. lots of things can change once t of your control