Millennium Deck 6 Sky Suite good view and quiet

zitsky

Are all the views from these cabins the same?  You look down and see either the lifeboats and window washing equipment?  Or you have noise from above?

I’m a bit surprised that there aren’t better locations.

This is from our SS balcony on Deck 6, the lifeboats and the mechanism that takes them up and down is visible.  we have been in 4 SS on Deck 6 and the view was similar 

in all of them.

IMG_2036.thumb.jpeg.312264d2fd3d4bf36e14948135be2c4d.jpeg

The Millie is an old but lovely ship. @jelayne is spot on, and the view shared is beautiful. Up to you to decide if a Sky Suite is right for you…her architectural limitations prevented WHERE X could put the Sky Suites, but she remains one of my favorites. I think she was our first Sky Suite … the second sailing after cruises resumed in North America … the ship was only 30% full and it was the cruise of a lifetime!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, DingoMom said:

The Millie is an old but lovely ship. @jelayne is spot on, and the view shared is beautiful. Up to you to decide if a Sky Suite is right for you…her architectural limitations prevented WHERE X could put the Sky Suites, but she remains one of my favorites. I think she was our first Sky Suite … the second sailing after cruises resumed in North America … the ship was only 30% full and it was the cruise of a lifetime!

So would you say the view was NOT a negative?  Yes too bad there none with a better view.  I need to sell them to my partner.  

19 minutes ago, zitsky said:

So would you say the view was NOT a negative?  Yes too bad there none with a better view.  I need to sell them to my partner.  

I had the same concerns about the Sky Suites but when I actually sailed, the lifeboat situation didn’t even cross my mind. This is the video I took on embarkation day from my balcony (6118). 

• Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Thanks for that.  I’ll share it with my partner.

I'll be in 6117 in August (on Summit, but should be no difference). I'd be happy to give you live feedback then.

19 minutes ago, RichYak said:

I'll be in 6117 in August (on Summit, but should be no difference). I'd be happy to give you live feedback then.

Sure.  We might make a decision by then.  I’d still like to see it.

29 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Sure.  We might make a decision by then.  I’d still like to see it.

Oh, ok. For some reason I had in my head that you were deciding whether or not to do a move-up bid and thought there would be plenty of time for that.

2 hours ago, RichYak said:

Oh, ok. For some reason I had in my head that you were deciding whether or not to do a move-up bid and thought there would be plenty of time for that.

I sure have thought of a move up bid from Aqua.  But I’m happy to pay up front.  I just want a nice view and the more I think about it the less I think we’ll like it from Deck 6.  We may stick to Aqua on deck 9.

I don’t mean to complain because I’m still trying to talk myself into a deck 6 Sky Suite.  Any other pictures are appreciated.  Are all cabins the same in terms of balcony view?  At least one poster suggested they do not all have the same view.

9 minutes ago, Stem to Stern said:

Oh.  ‘Em.  Gee.  Check these out @Ellesor826 

I totally forgot about the staterooms being revolutionized.  

Even more excited for our upcoming sailing now.

YAASS

And the new Retreat & pool area 

Going to be a brilliant time. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, zitsky said:

I don’t mean to complain because I’m still trying to talk myself into a deck 6 Sky Suite.  Any other pictures are appreciated.  Are all cabins the same in terms of balcony view?  At least one poster suggested they do not all have the same view.

You can see the balcony through the sheets in one of the photos in my previous post. You can’t see an obstruction.  It sounds like you might be more comfortable staying put in your Aqua Class cabin rather than take a chance. 

2 minutes ago, thebutlerdidit said:

You can see the balcony through the sheets in one of the photos in my previous post. You can’t see an obstruction.  It sounds like you might be more comfortable staying put in your Aqua Class cabin rather than take a chance. 

Well I have to think about what I want but also what my partner cares about.

I research so I know what I’m getting.

There is no Aqua cabin.  I have not booked yet.

9 minutes ago, Ellesor826 said:

YAASS

And the new Retreat & pool area 

Going to be a brilliant time. 

Just off the Summit in a Celebrity Suite and was underwhelmed with the sun deck.  No pool just a hot tub, minimal shade, accessible only by stairs.  There is no comparison to the E Class Sun Deck.  
Lounge has many uncomfortable chairs and the tables for holding a drink or small plate are unusable. 

On the bright side the crew was super.

• Like 2