Using the FAS dining...3rd person charge is?

uneamie

When using our "Free at Sea" dining option what would be the most economical way to have the 3rd person in our cabin dine with us? I know he will have to pay but should we just let him be charged at the meal for what he eats or should we purchase a meal plan for him before hand. He is my disabled brother who lives with us and will be in our cabin. 

IMO, getting the plan is better. More often than not, the total for à la carte dining is more than the price per meal when buying the SDP. Obviously, you know better than I how much/little he will eat so if you look at the menus and see the prices, you'll have a better idea if he will go over $50 (if 2SDP) per meal. If you plan on going to Cagney's, it's probably guaranteed to be over $50 pp.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

IMO, getting the plan is better. More often than not, the total for à la carte dining is more than the price per meal when buying the SDP. Obviously, you know better than I how much/little he will eat so if you look at the menus and see the prices, you'll have a better idea if he will go over $50 (if 2SDP) per meal. If you plan on going to Cagney's, it's probably guaranteed to be over $50 pp.

Yes....good point! Thanks! 

A standard by the rules meal is pretty big, you will have two of them on the table.

eg Cagnies we nearly always don't order everything by the rules, often a side short and sometimes a desert

big eater meal plan even more food and the easy option.

Smaller eater might be able to PAYG eg if just having a main.

if taking up the 2 extra meals offer on FAS  so you have 3,4,5 the extra meal plan gets relatively cheaper.   $50/$46/$42/$40

• Like 1

The price of the 2 meals for the 3rd person in the cabin is &118 ($99 = 20%).  that is the price that shows pre cruise at least.  Anyone know if it's the same, or less maybe, once you board?  We need to get it but want to use OBC to pay for it so we need to wait until we board.

Thanks

i'm usually in the same OBC predicament. my experience has been that the price goes up once you're on board, but they typically have a "special"  on days 1 and 2 that comes out to about the same thing as a pre-cruise purchase.

• Like 1