Venezia 1st cruise out of NYC to Bermuda June 15

shof515

Hi - can anyone confirm definitively that needing a paper boarding pass as @shof515reported has been rectified? Will be B2B in Sept on Venezia out of NY and need to be prepared. Goodness knows I won't be looking to stand in yet another special line to print one out.

Screenshot_20230702-102633_kindlephoto-1161570236.png

1 hour ago, Haljo1935 said:

Hi - can anyone confirm definitively that needing a paper boarding pass as @shof515reported has been rectified? Will be B2B in Sept on Venezia out of NY and need to be prepared. Goodness knows I won't be looking to stand in yet another special line to print one out.

Screenshot_20230702-102633_kindlephoto-1161570236.png

I'm also doing a B2B on Venezia in September (23rd & 29th).  I always print out all of my documents as a backup, just in case there are any issues with pulling them up on the phone.  It's better to have it and not need it then to find out I need it and not have it.

• Like 2

Just now, Old Fart Cruisers said:

I'm also doing a B2B on Venezia in September (23rd & 29th).  I always print out all of my documents as a backup, just in case there are any issues with pulling them up on the phone.  It's better to have it and not need it then to find out I need it and not have it.

We will be 1 week ahead of you, boarding Sept 16.

10 minutes ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

I tried to talk my wife into adding that 7-day on to our 21-day (6+15), but she wouldn't go for it.

It does have 1 port difference than the 6 day, but even the ports that are repeated are gorgeous with plenty to do. I'm sure if she's happy in the Caribbean for 15 days, then you'll be happy, 😆 

Of course, if getting ice in the cabin becomes an issue, I may regret it.

Edited by Haljo1935

3 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

When you check in at the terminal they stamp a check mark on your boarding pass to show you completed the terminal check in.  It's like impossible to stamp a cell phone so they need something physical like a print out

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, shof515 said:

When you check in at the terminal they stamp a check mark on your boarding pass to show you completed the terminal check in.  It's like impossible to stamp a cell phone so they need something physical like a print out

Thanks - we didn't need paper boarding passes on Carnival right after Covid (sailed from NOLA) and not at all on HAL, so I'm trying to be prepared. 

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo

On 7/3/2023 at 12:09 AM, Haljo1935 said:

Thanks - we didn't need paper boarding passes on Carnival right after Covid (sailed from NOLA) and not at all on HAL, so I'm trying to be prepared. 

The paper boarding pass is also used to make purchases until the cabins are ready and you can get your sail and sign cards.:classic_cool:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Don’t bother going to the muster stations! On the first trip of this ship, over 500 people failed to go to the stations for the safety talks and we still set sail. This is a huge disappointment to me, safety should be first priority! Apparently safety doesn’t really matter to carnival cruise line. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

The paper boarding pass is also used to make purchases until the cabins are ready and you can get your sail and sign cards.:classic_cool:

Thanks - that is good info and so foreign to me. Guess too much time away from Carnival. Plus I know I didn't have paper boarding pass my last 3 cruises w/them. But I will on this one - I want on that ship!!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 6/15/2023 at 3:14 PM, shof515 said:

Today is Venezia first cruise out of New York and first cruise to Bermuda  

Embarkation at the terminal is somewhat disorganized.  At the terminal they check the boarding pass documents first when you walk into the terminal, then security and then boarding the ship. Make sure to have the boarding pass printed out on paper. A digital copy is not accepted.  There is a separate line to print out a copy if needed.  they can be a long slow moving line outside that terminal that can snake down to the other piers. 

20230615_115800.jpg

20230615_122212.jpg

20230615_122317.jpg

20230615_122657.jpg

I love going on a cruise from NYC to Bermuda!  The only difference is I would be boarding NCL.  Cheers 🍷😎

1 hour ago, shof515 said:

In October and November I will be on the Norwegian escape to Bermuda

You will love the ship 🛳️ and Bermuda 🇧🇲 island.  Enjoyed on a 7 day cruise that NCL ship stays at port for almost 3 days…don’t have to be afraid of missing ship & rush back for a couple of days.