Family Cabins

Sunseeker20

Hello!

I have been trying to research which ships have rooms that fit 5 people. I feel like I'm getting conflicting answers, so I'm wondering if anyone has some information? I'm looking for any line, any ship. Ive discovered that some of the ships have extra spacious inside that fits 5 and some have obstructed balcony that fits 5 so its not always under "Family Cabin". Hoping for a list so I can plan a family cruise and have all 5 of us in the same room.

Any tips helps!

Thanks

Your best research would be to ask here on each of the cruise lines you would consider.

But I can tell you that Carnival has the Deluxe Ocean View cabins on the Dream class and newer.  Two uppers. Sleeper sofa and the twin king.  Plus a split bath, one has toilet, sink, shower, the other has sink and tub/shower.

Princess has some family cabins that sleep up to six, but maybe on,y two per ship.  
MSC has some ships with connecting cabins for families, some are balconies connecting to a solo inside.  But what is available differs by class of ship.

Celebrity has some FV cabins that sleep five, double and single sofa plus the main bed.  The corner cabins with huge balconies are being reclassified as suites.  These are on M class.  There are also family cabins on S class, but on,y sleep four.

I can’t answer for Royal or NCL as I don’t sail those lines.

EM

Edited by Essiesmom

19 hours ago, Sunseeker20 said:

Hello!

I have been trying to research which ships have rooms that fit 5 people. I feel like I'm getting conflicting answers, so I'm wondering if anyone has some information? I'm looking for any line, any ship. Ive discovered that some of the ships have extra spacious inside that fits 5 and some have obstructed balcony that fits 5 so its not always under "Family Cabin". Hoping for a list so I can plan a family cruise and have all 5 of us in the same room.

Any tips helps!

Thanks

Depending on the children's ages, it might also be less expensive to get 2 inside cabins.  If you are planning on having children sleep in their own cabin, different lines have different rules on how close the cabins need to be.  We have smaller kids and split the parents on vacation since the two cabins with two bathrooms works out better for us than one larger room, plus if a kid is napping there's another cabin available.  That's something else you can try pricing out to see how it works for your family. 

You can also look at connecting cabins with an interior door that opens between them.  That also gives you a second bathroom, but is more like one big room if your kids are young enough that you don't want them in their own separate room.

8 hours ago, gluecksbaer said:

You can also look at connecting cabins with an interior door that opens between them.  That also gives you a second bathroom, but is more like one big room if your kids are young enough that you don't want them in their own separate room.

Yes, I do look at the price for connecting cabins as well. I guess I'm thinking if I want the kids sail free deal, we need to all be in the same room or I don't get the deal

4 hours ago, Sunseeker20 said:

Yes, I do look at the price for connecting cabins as well. I guess I'm thinking if I want the kids sail free deal, we need to all be in the same room or I don't get the deal

My parents are paying for our cruise in connecting cabins, so I have no idea what promotions were in effect when they booked it and didn't compare myself, but from hanging out on the Royal Caribbean boards I've learned that the rooms that sleep 5 are enough more expensive that it can be cheaper to book two balconies even with kids sail free.  So I would price both.

Royal Caribbean has the ultra spacious rooms, but they differ according to ship class.  These have the king bed, pull out sofa and a set of bunk beds.  The problem is figuring out which type they fall under.  Some ships only have them as interior, some as ocean view, and some have this option with a balcony.  And, they often book fairly quickly.  So, you have to do a mock booking for a family of four, find a sailing with the ultra spacious room available and then call in to book it since you have more than four people.  

Or, if you are able to splurge, there are a few 2 bedroom suites available.  I have never been able to cough up the money for one of these rooms though.

Keep in mind, kids sail free promotions are not usually good for any sailings during school breaks.  So, you may not be able to grab one of these promotions unless you homeschool or are willing to take the kids out of school during the trip.  

We have done one of these ultra spacious rooms as an ocean view and loved the extra floor space it gave us.  But, we have also done the connecting rooms and really appreciated having a second bathroom.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We were in a RCCL ultra spacious room that slept 5 (maybe 6).  As others have said, those book up early.  I love Princess "obstructed view" (found in the inside category) connecting cabins.  They have windows blocked/partially blocked by life boats, but at least it's a window with daylight and that way we have two bathrooms - which is more important to me than having a balcony.

• Like 1