Air conditioning on Arvia

Lee117five0

So this might be a really stupid question, but I'm just trying to write a list of what clothes to pack for the upcoming K313 Arvia med cruise.

Just wondering how warm I should expect the ship to be day to day? Obviously the ship has heating and air conditioning to try and maintain a relatively stable and comfortable temperature all year round, but I was just wondering if anyone has been onboard in the warm weather who could tell me what it's like? I'm not really asking about the cabins - just the public areas.

The only other cruise I've been on is Iona back in October and the temperature outside of the ship was about 15C or so and the temp inside was probably about 20C. I'm expecting outside Arvia on this cruise to be close to 30C. Can I expect the restaurants and public areas to still be about 20C? Or will it be much warmer? I realise close to doors to the promenade it'll be warmer etc.

Many thanks

Lee

You probably will find that the AC will be working harder to maintain comfortable temps, and that will mean that some venues, eg the theatre, might feel quite cool, but overall the temp should feel similar to what you experienced on Iona.

• Thanks 1

• 7 months later...
11 minutes ago, Paul Warning said:

just got back from a Caribbean cruise on the Arvia, very warm outside even at night. The Club House and Brodie bars were too cool, people were going back to their cabins for cardigans and jumpers

That's not good for passengers, and an extra unnecessary expense for P&O.

• Like 1

We were on Arvia for Christmas and New Year in the Caribbean. 

Temperatures on the ship were absolutely fine APART from in Brodies where it was like walking into a fridge! This was consistent throughout our 14 day cruise. 1st World problems and all that and nothing an extra layer won't fix! We still had a brilliant time.

Julie

We have not been on Arvia, but I suggest, as with all other ships, the temperatures inside will feel cold when it is hot outside, largely because you have adapted to he hot outside temperatures.

So need to have extra layers to hand.

41 minutes ago, tring said:

We have not been on Arvia, but I suggest, as with all other ships, the temperatures inside will feel cold when it is hot outside, largely because you have adapted to he hot outside temperatures.

So need to have extra layers to hand.

but why do ships choose to waste energy by having the air con working harder than necessary? People enjoy sitting around in short sleeve shirts (blokes) and strappy tops (ladies) after a day in the sunshine,  having to put on extra layers to keep warm seems silly

5 minutes ago, Paul Warning said:

but why do ships choose to waste energy by having the air con working harder than necessary? People enjoy sitting around in short sleeve shirts (blokes) and strappy tops (ladies) after a day in the sunshine,  having to put on extra layers to keep warm seems silly

True, Though it is usually a case of feeling cool when you first go indoors, but after a while, especially overnight, you really appreciate the A/C being at reasonable room temperatures rather than really hot.  You can usually choose the temperature in your cabin.