Palm Dining Room on Caribbean Princess

Guest Cruisenewbie20181

Guest Cruisenewbie20181

According to the review of the Caribbean Prince written by Cruise Critic editor the Palm dining room is reserved for club class and mini suite guests. However I made reservations at the Palm for a table of two for an upcoming October cruise and I am booked in an interior room. Is this a glitch in the app or is the Palm open to anyone?

Club class is reserve class now. It is a roped off section of the main dining room. Mini suite guests do NOT have club class/reserved dining unless they booked that section of mini suites mid deck 9 specifically and paid the extra.

On the Caribbean Princess reserve class is in the Coral Dining room Deck 6

Edited by cruzsnooze

55 minutes ago, Cruisenewbie20181 said:

According to the review of the Caribbean Prince written by Cruise Critic editor the Palm dining room is reserved for club class and mini suite guests. However I made reservations at the Palm for a table of two for an upcoming October cruise and I am booked in an interior room. Is this a glitch in the app or is the Palm open to anyone?

Club/Reserve Class dining has moved between Decks 5 & 6 on some ships, but it doesn't matter.  Which ever one has it, it is only a small section of the DR and the rest is open to anyone.

6 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Club/Reserve Class dining has moved between Decks 5 & 6 on some ships, but it doesn't matter.  Which ever one has it, it is only a small section of the DR and the rest is open to anyone.

Having been in club class on the Caribbean Princess recently I can confirm it was deck 6 starboard side. It has a sign for club class only. People who try to enter are told to go to the port side for entrance to their dining room. 

3 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

Having been in club class on the Caribbean Princess recently I can confirm it was deck 6 starboard side. It has a sign for club class only. People who try to enter are told to go to the port side for entrance to their dining room. 

Was this the Coral DR on deck 6 mid ship? This is where Club Class used to dine in a roped off section of the DR. Palm DR is on deck 6 aft. Both DR's are open to all.

19 hours ago, skynight said:

Was this the Coral DR on deck 6 mid ship? This is where Club Class used to dine in a roped off section of the DR. Palm DR is on deck 6 aft. Both DR's are open to all.

55 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

It was deck 6 mid ship Starboard side. It is a roped off section of the dining room. The entrance has a crew member who verifies you're in reserve class and then seats you. 

CC/Reserve wouldn't be in the aft DR.  It is in the mid-ship DR that is open for breakfast and lunch.  This is a general statement for all ships.