Wharf question

philpcruiser

In the past, I kind of remember that NCL would tie up at Heritage Wharf (adjacent to their shuttle boat to St. George).  Lately, I've seen NCL tie up at Kings Wharf a few times, making for a slightly long walk to their shuttle.  Is there any rhyme or reason for the swap?  Is it first come, first served?  Does one Wharf have any advantages over the other?

5 minutes ago, philpcruiser said:

In the past, I kind of remember that NCL would tie up at Heritage Wharf (adjacent to their shuttle boat to St. George).  Lately, I've seen NCL tie up at Kings Wharf a few times, making for a slightly long walk to their shuttle.  Is there any rhyme or reason for the swap?  Is it first come, first served?  Does one Wharf have any advantages over the other?

The larger ships have to use Heritage Wharf. Both NCL and Royal Caribbean have large ships that have to use Heritage Wharf and are too large to use Kings Wharf. They both have ships that can use Kings Wharf. Kings Wharf is supposed to be enlarged but it does not seem to be a priority. I don't think there is an advantage except for NCL cruises it would be to be at Heritage Wharf because of the NCL ferry. It is not first come first serve. They are assigned and the berth is on the port schedule. published months in advance. 

http://www.marops.bm/Documents/Shipping_schedules/2023 Cruise Ship Schedule.pdf

• Like 1