Slumber pod in interior room for baby?

13 hours ago, ihopfar said:

I did not think you could book 3 people into a room that only sleeps 2.. even if one was a child in a pack and play?

Depends. Shoot I booked a 2bd/2Ba SOLO, same with a3 and 4 person. Some Ships restrict when Dates released others it's available from day one

16 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

There are pictures of Symphony 12675 which will be like Harmony.  There are some of Oasis too but those will not be the same furnishings as Harmony.  I did find a video of 12271 on Harmony which will be the same category as your cabin.  It has a chair, no sofa and lots of floor space for the packnplay.

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/category-detail.php?c=2328

Edit:  just scroll down and you will see the video for 12271.

Thank you! Thats super helpful

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ihopfar said:

I did not think you could book 3 people into a room that only sleeps 2.. even if one was a child in a pack and play?

It doesnt let you book that way online but when we called RC to book over the phone they allowed it

1 hour ago, cruiselvr04 said:

Don’t be discouraged by what you read here.  Our DD and SIL slept with 2 babies in an inside cabin on Liberty and survived the week.  

Take your own pack n play.  Royal may or may not come through with one, it may or may not be in rough, dirty shape.  

We’ve used the thick cloth shower curtain hung with magnets trick.  It works.  The slumber pod may take up more room as it was tight to set up the pack and play.  The great thing about an inside cabin is a better nap during the day! 

We are flying to port so between the stroller and car seat i think bringing our own pack and play also is just too much. If we were driving i would definitely do that. We will be bringing our own pack n play sheets though. I'm hoping if we have them remove the chair in the room the slumber pod/pack n play will fit ok. I know it will be tight but I'd rather have less walking space than a baby who is up all night because he can see us. I wish I thought this through when we first booked and just picked a bigger room, but now the prices are much higher to upgrade. 

3 hours ago, LT4221 said:

It doesnt let you book that way online but when we called RC to book over the phone they allowed it

Is there a reason you booked a 2-person room vs a 4-person room? 
I would think the configuration of the 4-person room would be a bit better 

6 minutes ago, LilBlackDress said:

On many ships the only difference is a pullout couch vs a stationary couch.  Or pullmans vs no pullmans.  The actual room layout is the same.  Yes, there are exceptions but not the norm.

1 hour ago, LilBlackDress said:

Many times the 3 or 4 person room is more expensive than the 2 person room.

1 hour ago, LilBlackDress said:

Since the baby is in a crib he didnt need a designated sleeping space (bed/pull out couch) and the 4 person room was the same layout but with a couch instead of a chair, but significantly more expensive due to it being a 4 person room 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LT4221 said:

Since the baby is in a crib he didnt need a designated sleeping space (bed/pull out couch) and the 4 person room was the same layout but with a couch instead of a chair, but significantly more expensive due to it being a 4 person room 

Makes sense... 
I just know some people have turned the sofa with the opening against the wall to make a makeshift bed. Wasn't sure if that would give more room or not but if it is the same size room, it wouldn't matter 

On 6/19/2023 at 6:14 PM, poocher said:

I’d forgo the pack n play.  Put the child in the bed & one adult sleep on the sofa.  That room is going to be very tight.

When our kids were small, we often let them crawl in bed with us.  Could you all three share the king?  

On 6/19/2023 at 8:10 PM, c-leg5 said:

... We tried it with a slightly older toddler and ended up turning the sofa round to the wall and making that the bed for toddler. ( This wasn’t Harmony so I don’t know if this is even possible.) ...

Ding-ding-ding!  We have a winner!  This is a great idea.  

23 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

The same way people fall asleep on the sofa at home watching TV.  🙂

Yeah, for a couple hours, but I -- as an adult -- would not want to sleep on a non-pull out sofa for the week.  

22 hours ago, poocher said:

An interior windowless room isn’t MY idea of vacation.  Frankly if OP knew there would be an issue with the baby sleeping, why book a small interior cabin?

Now that we're retired and can cruise more often -- and now that it's just the two of us -- we are FINE with an interior.  The size is quite comfortable for two people.  

7 hours ago, Biker19 said:

You could give Royal Up a try.

That's a great idea!  I wouldn't try for an Oceanview -- that doesn't give you any extra space.  But a balcony would give you a separate space to enjoy after you've put the toddler down for the evening.  

14 hours ago, Mum2Mercury said:

When our kids were small, we often let them crawl in bed with us.  Could you all three share the king?  

Ding-ding-ding!  We have a winner!  This is a great idea.  

Yeah, for a couple hours, but I -- as an adult -- would not want to sleep on a non-pull out sofa for the week.  

Now that we're retired and can cruise more often -- and now that it's just the two of us -- we are FINE with an interior.  The size is quite comfortable for two people.  

That's a great idea!  I wouldn't try for an Oceanview -- that doesn't give you any extra space.  But a balcony would give you a separate space to enjoy after you've put the toddler down for the evening.  

Our room layout doesnt come with a sofa, just a chair. He would be a little too young for the sofa i think even if we did have one. I am definitely going to try RoyalUp! We dont really care about the ocean view so anything with more space or a balcony would definitely be a plus. 

Have been on 3 cruises with our toddler (age 1.5, 2 and 3 on each cruise).  We had a balcony room with the bed by the bathroom.  Used a blackout type curtain hanging from the ceiling to create a sleeping space.  Once was in a pack and play, the other times were in the pull out bed.  That setup works quite well, but we do have a very good sleeper. 

1 hour ago, Joseph2018Baltic said:

No two kids are the same and how they sleep certainly not the same, but at the end of the day, I think you are overthinking this.  Just go with the flow.  Kid will be tired, and all will be fine.

I completely agree. You’ll all be tired and a moving ship makes for some great sleep! Just go with your sheets and wear the little one out before going back to the cabin. All will be fine😊

Edited by Jerseygirl1416

On 6/19/2023 at 4:33 PM, LT4221 said:

We are cruising with our 17 month old in an interior room and I'm nervous about the sleeping situation. We will be using RC's pack n play but I'm afraid because of the close proximity to us that anytime we get up in the middle of the night to use the restroom or one of us leaves/enters the room while he is napping that he will wake up. He is used to sleeping in his own room. I will be bringing his sound machine to hopefully drown out some of the sound but am more concerned about him being able to see us and knowing we are right there. Has anyone used a slumber pod on a criuse? Its like a little tent that goes around the pack n play. Im not sure how the room will be laid out with the pack n play and if that will be too big. Ive also read about people hanging sheets from the ceiling around the crib but I think the slumber pod might work better for our needs? Also open to any suggestions, we would ideally like to be able to switch off at night staying in with the baby while the other goes out with our group but Im afraid that the second the door opens baby will wake up. 

This was always an issue for us travel and it creates difficulties in any size room when it’s just one room.  You just have to roll with it and be as quiet as possible if you are worried this will be a problem.  In a regular cabin it can certainly be tight, let alone an inside room.   Good Luck.  

We recently did a cruise with our 2 year old and used the Slumber Pod. Admittedly we were in a balcony room. Needles to say - you know your child and how they best sleep, do your best to stick to that routine. They will provide you a pack and play (bring your own sheet - or two...haha). The Slumber Pod is great and can fold up nicely and be put aside when you don't need it.  It's a great thing to have, worst case if it doesn't fit, tuck it under the bed and try something else!  Enjoy your cruise!