QV-SH typical disembark schedule summer sailings?

elaine5

Hi, we're on the QV this Aug. What is the typical disembark schedule for SH for summer sailings? What is the latest we can be out of cabins? What time does buffet breakfast end? What is latest we can disembark the ship? Thank you, Elaine

I'm guessing SH is Southampton. They will want you off the vessel by 10 am at the very latest, in usual circumstances, and they frequently arrive a little ahead of schedule too. At some point the keys stop working in the staterooms. You can usually get away with 09:30 or so, maybe warn your steward so they know to do the housekeeping late for you. Not a big problem, some stateroom has to be done last.

Lido on arrival into Southampton will be 06:00, then 06:30 for Grills and Britannia Restaurants. Slightly reduced menu but most people wouldn't notice. There is a "continental breakfast" from 05:00 to 06:00 in the Lido, but it's quite limited.

Edited by Pushpit

On other cruiselines, we typically leave our cabin at 8:15, go to breakfast at and then depart the ship around 9am. We usually do not eat breakfast earlier than 8am. We have a late train from London that afternoon. 

Entirely civilised and I don't quite get the rush to get off. I can see the point of getting the staterooms vacated, in the ideal world Cunard would offer a lunch and storage option for a suitable fee.

It may be that the train time can be changed, depends what exactly you booked. But I guess you could take a more leisurely breakfast or lunch in Southampton, perhaps at a hotel which would store your luggage for a few hours.

I never leave the ship until after 9 as I live locally and wait until the queues have died down. I fell the buffet  closes around 9 30 . I have always eaten there after 8 30. I leave my things in my cabin go to breakfast then go back to my cabin to disembark. I usually like a 9 40 time. If I am not allocated that I just ring purser’s office and ask to change. 

• Like 2

You might find the attached, relating to our disembarkation on 6 June, helpful. Lido breakfast finished at 9. We were allocated 8.30, having been asked to give two choices of what time we wanted, but I think that was only Grills.

IMG_0413.thumb.jpeg.7676965a149f5670d3bc26fc62a1d6fe.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I wasn’t grills and just rang up to

change my time as it was far too early for me and there was no issues  they just asked me when I did want so  I picked 9 40 . Thy didn’t change the luggage tags though and I still kept to the colour I was originally given. There were still people around in the buffet after 9 it was just they shut down all the food stations at 9 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

You might find the attached, relating to our disembarkation on 6 June, helpful. Lido breakfast finished at 9. We were allocated 8.30, having been asked to give two choices of what time we wanted, but I think that was only Grills.

IMG_0413.thumb.jpeg.7676965a149f5670d3bc26fc62a1d6fe.jpeg

Just in case anyone reading this sees the small print [Disembarkation Process paragraphs] re porters AFTER Customs and Immigration, and has a minor panic attack [that was me], that is totally misleading. I asked Sharon, the wonderful Grill's Concierge and she assured me the porters would be there to assist with baggage collection, and they were.

The porters are in the baggage hall BEFORE customs and immigration, waiting for those who wish to use their services when collecting bags, not after as stated in the letter.

Great communication from Cunard there. Not.

• Like 2

End of the day Cunard need to clean staterooms and prepare the ship for new passengers. People wouldn't be happy being delayed in embarkation at the start of their cruise so disembarking at a reasonable time to give the staff time to clean and prepare the ship for passengers getting on the ship.

• Like 2

I think a considerable majority of passengers are probably desperate to get off the ship and start their journeys home or wherever. And, as it said above, they’ve got to do some cabins last. So providing there aren’t too many lingerers, which seems unlikely, it shouldn’t be a problem.

7 minutes ago, exlondoner said:

I think a considerable majority of passengers are probably desperate to get off the ship and start their journeys home or wherever. And, as it said above, they’ve got to do some cabins last. So providing there aren’t too many lingerers, which seems unlikely, it shouldn’t be a problem.

We have been asked, on occasions, if it's OK to start preparing the cabin [usually the bath and shower and the luggage mat on the beds] for the next occupants, before we have to leave, .

Our answer has always been, yes, but leave the loo and wash basin prep, until we've left. 🙂

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

We have been asked, on occasions, if it's OK to start preparing the cabin [usually the bath and shower and the luggage mat on the beds] for the next occupants, before we have to leave, .

Our answer has always been, yes, but leave the loo and wash basin prep, until we've left. 🙂

Ditto. Nearly always happens with us. We come back to cabin after breakfast and see the newly made bed with the luggage mat, and think of the lucky people about to start their cruise.

• Like 3