Msc please fix your web site

sue gill

Dear msc ,     please work on your website and customer service.we want to buy airport transfers,shore excursion,post shore excursions etc. I think maybe your added to Orlando's shore excursion  and can't wait to see what they are 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, GPPhilly said:

Their website has been broken for years.  For some reason fixing it doesn't seem very important to MSC

Taking your money is more important, got to pay for all the new ships and the YC Explorer ones as well.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, sue gill said:

Dear msc ,     please work on your website and customer service.we want to buy airport transfers,shore excursion,post shore excursions etc. I think maybe your added to Orlando's shore excursion  and can't wait to see what they are 

I figured out shore excursions quickly enough; you have to log-in to your cruise and then click on each port and it will display the options.

They've never offered transfers (or airfare) in the American market. You're on your own for those.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, sue gill said:

you can book airport transfers by calling customer service. You can also book transfers at the end of the Krews after you board the ship.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Brighton Line said:

Fixing a website would me they would have to have a competent IT department a true oxymoron. 

IT is usually competent in IT, they just don't know the business and the business didn't bother to train them properly, and didn't give them adequate requirements and test plan.

I say this as former IT from many years ago, working many years on the business side now.  I routinely find myself fighting over IT (and business) training, as well as business requirements and test plans since I work in compliance.

Edited by jame_g
  • Like 2

oh each cruise line has issues with their IT.  Just go away for a day or so and go back in.

But I will share that Disney cruise line has issues for final check-in.  Their site for that portion won't work with MS Edge.  I mean come one millions of people have MS Edge.  I had to eventually check in on their app and for a copy of boarding pass, I had to do a screen print.  Never in all my years did I NOT get a paper copy of boarding pass.   oh well.   

but I have heard that MSC does have gorgeous ships though.

• Like 1

I have the suspicion that MSC is running most of their ships at or near 100% capacity - especially now with bookings across the industry up considerably over last year.

So what would be the financial incentive to spend millions of dollars on the kinds of IT upgrades needed when it won’t help them fill their ships any more than they already are?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, tscoffey said:

I have the suspicion that MSC is running most of their ships at or near 100% capacity - especially now with bookings across the industry up considerably over last year.

So what would be the financial incentive to spend millions of dollars on the kinds of IT upgrades needed when it won’t help them fill their ships any more than they already are?

It would stop the complaints regarding various issues some of which I still see being reported here and on other platforms that were being complained about in 2012!

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, sidari said:

It would stop the complaints regarding various issues some of which I still see being reported here and on other platforms that were being complained about in 2012!

And how do those complaints impact their bottom line financials if they are already booking near 100% with the current state of their website?

Let's not puff ourselves up too much, assuming that what occurs on cruise critic.com is of some great importance, or impact to the cruise industry. 

Edited by tscoffey

8 hours ago, tscoffey said:

And how do those complaints impact their bottom line financials if they are already booking near 100% with the current state of their website?

Let's not puff ourselves up too much, assuming that what occurs on cruise critic.com is of some great importance, or impact to the cruise industry. 

I think @sidari's post was in jest...