Recommendations for tour to Montmorency Falls

kibutzer

1 hour ago, GTJ said:

Would riding the local transit bus to the falls be sufficient, or are you looking for something more?

I was trying to work out whether the transit was sufficient or tours added anything- I've ended unclear - can you shed any light on the transit option? 

On 6/23/2023 at 7:38 PM, lissie said:

I was trying to work out whether the transit was sufficient or tours added anything- I've ended unclear - can you shed any light on the transit option? 

Réseau de transport de la Capitale

www.rtcquebec.ca

Métrobus route 800 goes directly to the upper end of the falls; it is the last stop on the bus route. While route 800 does serve the Québec city centre, it is a walk from the port area and from the tourist areas. The closest stop to the port is near the Gare du Palais, on boulevard Jean-Lesage at rue de la Gare-du-Palais. The main stop in the city centre for route 800 is near the Terminus d'Youville, on boulevard Honoré-Mercier at rue Saint-Jean. The bus operates frequently and it is about half an hour to the falls. The cash fare is 3.75 CAD each way. Admission to the falls is 7.57 CAD.

Unitours

www.toursvieuxquebec.com

Unitours operates a tourist shuttle to the falls four times daily from the tourist area of Québec, 10 rue Pierre-Olivier-Chauveau. No additional sights are included with this shuttle transportation. The round-trip fare is 59.75 CAD, which includes admission to the falls.

Unitours also operates a half-day tour that includes the falls (45 minutes) plus stops at (1) Sainte-Anne-de-Beaupré (45 minutes), (2) Musée du cuivre, Albert Gilles (20 minutes), and (3) Chocolaterie de l'île (20 minutes). This tour is at 10:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m., and is 4-1/2 to 5 hours in duration. The fare is 149.45 CAD.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, GTJ said:

Unitours

www.toursvieuxquebec.com

Unitours operates a tourist shuttle to the falls four times daily from the tourist area of Québec, 10 rue Pierre-Olivier-Chauveau. No additional sights are included with this shuttle transportation. The round-trip fare is 59.75 CAD, which includes admission to the falls.

Unitours also operates a half-day tour that includes the falls (45 minutes) plus stops at (1) Sainte-Anne-de-Beaupré (45 minutes), (2) Musée du cuivre, Albert Gilles (20 minutes), and (3) Chocolaterie de l'île (20 minutes). This tour is at 10:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m., and is 4-1/2 to 5 hours in duration. The fare is 149.45 CAD.

Just  a note that prices  mentioned above  are for 2  people not the PP rate

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Just  a note that prices  mentioned above  are for 2  people not the PP rate

I should have caught the fact that Unitours was giving the default pricing as for two people! In my defense I will say that default prices ought to be for one person.

Their shuttle to the falls is 29.90 CAD for one person, and their half-day tour is 74.70 CAD for one person.

12 hours ago, mets123 said:

I used Viator a few years ago. They had multiple stops and it was quite enjoyable.

To be certain, however, Viator does not operate any tours. Viator is a third-party intermediary that sells tours operated by other companies. As Viator itself discloses on its website: "Viator, Inc. facilitates your booking, but a third party tour operator provides the tour/activity directly to you. Viator, Inc. does not provide tours or activities itself."

In Québec, Viator sells the Unitours tour. Buying the tour through Unitours directly costs 74.70 CAD, while buying the same tour through Viator costs 66.90 USD, the equivalent of 87.93 CAD. In other words, by paying an additional 13.23 CAD, Viator will "facilitate" making a booking with Unitours, something that might be helpful for those individuals uncomfortable with making a booking with Unitours directly.