QM2 cocktail parties

patty3

On our recent crossing there was a cocktail party in the early evening for World Club and one at 11:00 AM (!!!) for guests traveling in Grills class.  We went to the World Club party and it was a bit dull.  11:00 is too early in the day for me to hit the sauce, so we skipped that one.

There are several different cocktail parties - the one with the largest numbers attending is the one for Gold level, and above, World Club members, so most of the passengers will be invited since it only requires a few Cunard voyages to reach Gold.  Then there is the Senior Officers' party for Platinum level members and above, and that of course has fewer people, and also there are the separate cocktail parties for those in the Grills, irrespective of World Club level. These have been gradually brought back post-pandemic, with the latter two only re-introduced to voyages the past few months, and at different dates on the different ships.

Although some people clearly use the occasion to down as many drinks as possible, they are actually a nice opportunity to have a social chat with both officers and other passengers, so not everyone feels they have to grab as many glasses of drink as they can get.

Edited by ballroom-cruisers
add sentence

7 hours ago, patty3 said:

Can anyone tell me about the cocktail parties on QM2.  Are they only for World Club Cunarders?  This will be our first time crossing with Cunard.

To answer your question ; Pre pandemic usually there were 'Three' cocktails receptions.  An open invitation for all guests 'irrespective of loyalty level', referred to as the Captains cocktail party and a further two receptions  ie Cunard World Club party (usually in the evening)  and the Senior officers party (usually pre lunch at 11am) Invites for these two receptions are sent to loyalty level guests.

It appears since Post pandemic the usual Captains Reception ( open to all ) has not yet been reintroduced , however, having said that, in my experience  there is never any consistency in the onboard product across the fleet of Cunard, things are often hit or miss depending on the itinerary .     

On our current TA, we had a packed 5:15 World Club reception in Queens Room. It was announced that about 735 pax on board (100% capacity) were in World Club. 
One couple had spent 8+ years on various Cunard ships over the decades. 

When we did our transatlantic on QM2 in Queens Grill we didn't get invited to any special cocktail parties by the officers or anything that I can recall.  But we did get invited to a private cocktail party in one of the large suites in the front of the ship, and that was pretty nice.

3 hours ago, NE John said:

On our current TA, we had a packed 5:15 World Club reception in Queens Room. It was announced that about 735 pax on board (100% capacity) were in World Club. 
One couple had spent 8+ years on various Cunard ships over the decades. 

Thank you John...

Safe Crossing........Wild Weather In NY Today.....Glad you aren't coming in.....

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Rothko1 said:

I guess I'm not.  

"I would never join a club that would accept me as a member" - Groucho Marx

When you take your 'Second Cunard Cruise' you will automatically become a member of the Cunard World (loyalty level ) Club' , You wont have an option to back out. 😉