Royal Caribbean Cocktail Recipes

Tremendous job!  I'm saving this post for future reference.

I made a photo book with my sisters' and my favorite drink recipes.  I used Shutterfly and it came out really well.  I had fun experimenting with the recipes too but it got pricey. 😄

My book included Royal Caribbean's Lavender Daiquiri.  I couldn't get the Monin syrup so I ended up making my own lavender simple syrup with food-grade lavender flowers that I ordered from Amazon.  I will try your version and see how it compares to the copy-cat version I found online.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PG_Cruiser said:

Did you mean you made a photo book with my photo recipes?  I've been wanting to do that.

No, I made a photo book out of some of my sisters' and my favorite drink recipes.  Most of them are from our trips and travels so there are a couple from cruises.

Here's a link, if you'd like to see it.  One of my sisters likes to watercolor so I used her paintings instead of photographs.  

https://www.shutterfly.com/share-product/?shareid=68b6f2ef-56bb-4222-9024-feac6608642f&cid=SHARPRDWEBMPRLNK

You should definitely make a photobook of your recipes!  It would make such a fantastic souvenir or gift.  You could use pictures from your cruises too, not just pictures of the drinks.

• Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, CruisinCrow said:

No, I made a photo book out of some of my sisters' and my favorite drink recipes.  Most of them are from our trips and travels so there are a couple from cruises.

Here's a link, if you'd like to see it.  One of my sisters likes to watercolor so I used her paintings instead of photographs.  

https://www.shutterfly.com/share-product/?shareid=68b6f2ef-56bb-4222-9024-feac6608642f&cid=SHARPRDWEBMPRLNK

You should definitely make a photobook of your recipes!  It would make such a fantastic souvenir or gift.  You could use pictures from your cruises too, not just pictures of the drinks.

Oh wow!!!  That was a beautiful project!

On 8/31/2023 at 6:50 AM, PG_Cruiser said:

TROPIC RYE
Aromatic & Fruity
New Schooner Bar Menu 2023

TropicRye.thumb.jpeg.38732c0a9a86f2c28320785c3b8441b8.jpeg

NOTE:
Royal bartenders use the "Passion Fruit Guava Base" for this cocktail and many others.  

It's equal parts of:
Passion Fruit Syrup
Guava Syrup
Pineapple Juice
Lime Juice

Question, the recipe calls for 3/8oz and you say 1/2oz. There is an obvious difference there. Do the bartenders use 1/2oz? 3/8oz is tough to measure but basically a barspoon is equal to 1/8th. I’m sure curious if you can taste the difference?

13 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Question, the recipe calls for 3/8oz and you say 1/2oz. There is an obvious difference there. Do the bartenders use 1/2oz? 3/8oz is tough to measure but basically a barspoon is equal to 1/8th. I’m sure curious if you can taste the difference?

The bartenders use a pre-mixed Passion Fruit Guava Base as I stated in the NOTE. So they don’t have to worry about measuring 3/8 or 1/2 oz of each ingredient.

For this recipe, they put 1 1/2 oz of the base.

The 1/2 you see is for the lemon juice, which is not part of the base.

If you have the pre-mixed base, this is the recipe:

1 1/2 oz Rye Whiskey

1 1/2 oz Passion Fruit Guava Base

1/2 oz Lemon Juice

Edited by PG_Cruiser
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, PG_Cruiser said:

The bartenders use a pre-mixed Passion Fruit Guava Base as I stated in the NOTE. So they don’t have to worry about measuring 3/8 or 1/2 oz of each ingredient.

For this recipe, they put 1 1/2 oz of the base.

The 1/2 you see is for the lemon juice, which is not part of the base.

If you have the pre-mixed base, this is the recipe:

1 1/2 oz Rye Whiskey

1 1/2 oz Passion Fruit Guava Base

1/2 oz Lemon Juice

Got it thanks. I’m going to make this tonight. I had a hard time finding the Guava purée but finally found some. 

Just now, Sea Dog said:

Got it thanks. I’m going to make this tonight. I had a hard time finding the Guava purée but finally found some. 

If you have a Total Wine store in your area, they have a good selection of flavors. (Guess who arranged those for the picture lol)

IMG_8910.thumb.jpeg.14d198c1dc7473ff3db131eabd1110f2.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

This is the cheat sheet the Royal bartenders use.

image.png.a4defe24bb22a23ef7b748b49a85a2d5.png

OCD-Me has redone everything, with my own pictures ha ha

image.thumb.png.01fc50b68b55202d50365df1db9f774e.png

Edited by PG_Cruiser
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, PG_Cruiser said:

If you have a Total Wine store in your area, they have a good selection of flavors. (Guess who arranged those for the picture lol)

IMG_8910.thumb.jpeg.14d198c1dc7473ff3db131eabd1110f2.jpeg

Just got our first total wine here in Kansas City. Need to get there. I ended up finding it at a Whole Foods store. 

Hey did you ever post Royals version of the Mai Tai? I’m curious how good it is. As a tiki freak I love the authentic tiki recipes. 

5 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Hey did you ever post Royals version of the Mai Tai? I’m curious how good it is. As a tiki freak I love the authentic tiki recipes. 

Mai Tai is coming soon.  It goes with the Lime and Coconut menu.  Here's a sneak peek just for you.  Please don't show it to anyone.

image.thumb.png.934e73f3fb34efadfa187d8cc1c98298.png

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, PG_Cruiser said:

Mai Tai is coming soon.  It goes with the Lime and Coconut menu.  Here's a sneak peek just for you.  Please don't show it to anyone.

image.thumb.png.934e73f3fb34efadfa187d8cc1c98298.png

No problem. Thanks! I have experimented with several Mai Tai recipes. There is no way Royal can do some of the original Victor Jules Bergeron recipe from Trader Vic’s recipe. I follow as a tiki nut Kevin Crossman’s website  https://ultimatemaitai.com/about/the-ultimate-mai-tai/

where he has created the closest original Mai Tai recipe:

Ultimate Mai Tai Recipe
½ oz Appleton Estate Rare Casks Aged 12 Years
½ oz Smith & Cross Traditional Jamaica Rum
½ oz Plantation OFTD
½ oz Plantation Xaymaca 
1 oz Lime Juice
½ oz Orgeat (Latitude 29)
½ oz Orange Curacao (Ferrand Dry Curacao)
¼ oz Demerara Syrup (BG Reynolds)
Garnish with mint sprig and spent lime shell

This recipe is awesome and I highly recommend it. I am anxious to try Royal’s version and compare.