New to RC, questions re: Canada New England cruise on Serenade of the Seas

Hi, I'm looking into one of the Canada/New England cruises r/t from Boston in Sept. or Oct. of this year.  I've never said on RC before, and had a few questions:

1). When on board, am I able to purchase a beverage package?  

2). Can you take wine bottles on board?  If so, how many per person?

3). What is the corkage fee to bring your own bottle of wine to MDR?

The rates I've been looking at are for cruise only, I was curious if there's an option to buy a beverage package once on board.  Thanks in advance.

6 minutes ago, mrsbunder said:

Hi, I'm looking into one of the Canada/New England cruises r/t from Boston in Sept. or Oct. of this year.  I've never said on RC before, and had a few questions:

1). When on board, am I able to purchase a beverage package?  

2). Can you take wine bottles on board?  If so, how many per person?

3). What is the corkage fee to bring your own bottle of wine to MDR?

The rates I've been looking at are for cruise only, I was curious if there's an option to buy a beverage package once on board.  Thanks in advance.

beverage package is cheaper if purchased pre-cruise but yes you can purchase on board

you are allowed one bottle of wine per adult person in a cabin

i have never been charged a corkage fee when i bring a bottle on board either in maid dining room or a specialty restaurant

8 minutes ago, mrsbunder said:

Great, thank you.  I'm considering the 5 night cruise at the end of October, are the prices for the beverage packages on RC's site?

There is no set price. They fluctuate from ship to ship, and each cruise. Plan on about $75-90pp, plus 18% gratuity on the package. Shorter cruises usually run a little more than longer cruises.

4 minutes ago, mrsbunder said:

Thanks, I usually said on Celebrity and get their drink package, so I'm not up to speed on current drink package prices on their own.  

What loyalty level are you on Celebrity? May qualify you as Diamond on Royal, and get 4 free drink vouchers, to be used anytime during the day.

I'm an Elite member on Celebrity.  If that's the case, I won't need a drink package, 4 vouchers per day is fine, and we'd bring wine on board, we're in the Boston area anyway, so we won't have to worry about packing bottles for a flight.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mrsbunder said:

I'm an Elite member on Celebrity.  If that's the case, I won't need a drink package, 4 vouchers per day is fine, and we'd bring wine on board, we're in the Boston area anyway, so we won't have to worry about packing bottles for a flight.

You should get a letter in your cabin on boarding day, stating all your benefits as Diamond. I will be going on my first Celebrity cruise next year, and looking forward to Elite level there.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, mrsbunder said:

I am not sure, but I would think you will need to sign up for your crown and anchor # ahead of time so you can have it added to your reservation to get the diamond discounts if you have not already done so.  I am sure someone here can let you know for sure.

• 1 month later...