Enrichment Program

annmarz

We are new to Regent and will be on a South American Cruise on Voyager next spring.  We enjoy the lectures and informational talks on the destinations and other topics.  Does Regent have these often?  What kind of topics do they feature? I appreciate any info.

15 minutes ago, annmarz said:

We are new to Regent and will be on a South American Cruise on Voyager next spring.  We enjoy the lectures and informational talks on the destinations and other topics.  Does Regent have these often?  What kind of topics do they feature? I appreciate any info.

There is generally a lecturer on board who gives talks every couple of days. Some of them are good, some are useless, and some few are great. The tech people record the talks, and broadcast them on the TV system until the next topic is uploaded, usually for a couple days.

I have seen a few dud lectures, but mostly they're at least a little interesting, and sometimes very much so. On our December '22 Caribbean cruise, our favorite lecture was on Caribbean music (Calypso, Reggae, etc). On my recent Mediterranean cruise, the best lecture was about Sicily and the Mafia.

The lectures, for me, are usually the highlight of daily activities.  We were on a cruise in February, Buenos Aires to Santiago - including Antarctica.  Regent had a team of Antarctica experts on as lecturers.  They included a seasoned expedition leader, an ornithologist, a geologist specializing in ice, and a National Geographic photographer.  All lectures and events were exemplary.  

• Like 1

Just returned from B/t/B Navigator segments from NYC to Canada; then back to NYC via Bermuda.  Excellent series of lectures by a Canadian lady covering periods of history involving French and British interactions--military and political--in the Maritime areas of Canada; visits of British Royals to Canada and the United States; WWII conferences at Quebec City involving Churchill and Roosevelt; and aspects of Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth II policies toward Canada. One particularly interesting one was Prince Charles' (now King Charles) travels to Canada and the U.S. over the past 40 or 50 years.  

Well-attended. 

Met our expectations of the presenter's professionalism and knowledge on topics relevant to the area(s) we have cruised in over many years with Regent. 

GOARMY!

On the Grand Asia Exploration this Spring, lecturer Brian Unger did an awesome job covering Chinese, Japanese and Korean history and culture -- with terrific slides. Best lecturer I've had on ANY ship. Funny and informative. 

Does anyone know where Terry Breen is now?

We had the good fortune of having her on two Regent cruises, one in Alaska and one through the Panama Canal. 
Absolutely superb, I think I would sign up for a cruise if I knew she was on it just for that reason. 

• Like 1