Transfer From Civitvecchia

MAGSMFC

Can anyone please tell me if there are taxis or a private transfer company that can come into the in cruise port that will take us to a hotel in Civitvecchia on Sunday morning.  I note some companies will only transfer to Rome and not into the town of Civitvecchia.

I have mobility problems and am unable to get on a shuttle bus with luggage and need to be picked up inside the port.

Our hotel has let us down with transfers and I am desperate to find someone to pick us up from the ship that will transfer us to the hotel near the train station.

Please can anyone help.

Many thanks.

Sorry Emmas Gran for not acknowledging your reply.

As I said we are wanting a transfer from the cruise port to a hotel in Civitavecchia and cannot find a company that will do the short transfer from the actual port to the hotel and due to my mobility problems I cannot get on a bus so I am still asking if anyone can advise me.

Many thanks.

Is there a particular reason why you want to stay in Civitaveccia?

If the hotel and transfer situation is a problem, why not stay in Rome before your cruise? Either at the Airport Hilton or in the City. From there you can get a proper car service to the port.

8 minutes ago, Fly and Sail said:

Is there a particular reason why you want to stay in Civitaveccia?

If the hotel and transfer situation is a problem, why not stay in Rome before your cruise? Either at the Airport Hilton or in the City. From there you can get a proper car service to the port.

The OP is asking about getting OFF this ship and getting picked up right at the port.  They are not asking about a transfer TO the ship in Civitaveccia.

11 minutes ago, Nachosdelux said:

The OP is asking about getting OFF this ship and getting picked up right at the port.  They are not asking about a transfer TO the ship in Civitaveccia.

Same principle. Finding a local transfer is much more difficult than going all the way to Rome. And Civitavecchia is a dump.

Taxis cannot enter the port and wait for passengers; they must have proof of a pre-booked fare. It sounds like you have already tried to book something and unfortunately hit a wall because most transports want the larger fares. 

I looked on the port of Civitavecchia website, and it does say that its shuttles are accessible. They do not go into any detail, but here is the info:

https://civitavecchia.portmobility.it/en/shuttles

It also sounds like your hotel will not assist, for whatever reason.

You say that you are flying home the next day. Civitavecchia is NOT close to the airport. It is an hour's drive. Taking the train is clearly not going to work for you, if disabled. 

So why not cancel your Civitavecchia hotel reservation, book a hotel near the airport (there is one that is attached), and then hire transportation to take you there? 

• Like 1

I second cruisemom's suggestion. Stay either at the hotel at the airport or, better yet, stay in the town of Fiumicino.  Fiumicino is a pleasant seaside town 10 minutes by taxi from the airport.  While there you can visit the ruins of Ostia Antica or simply enjoy a nice day at the town.  There are plenty of taxis to take you to the airport next day.