Woo Hoo... Britannia day today...

AndyMichelle

I've been on a Cunard (QM2), a Princess (Sky) and a P&O (Britannia) all since December. There are pros and cons of all the ships.

I found the food on Princess, particularly in the buffet which I usually try to avoid, to be the best of the three. But service was hit and miss on our sold out sailing.

I love the old school vibe on Cunard. The dress code makes dinner an event every time. I also love how much live music there is. And a proper wraparound promenade deck is a big plus point.

On P&O I liked the low drinks prices and all the activities on offer suitable for people of all ages. I'll likely be doing a lot of multigenerational cruising in the future so knowing that there's loads to do for grandparents, parents and the kiddo is important.

If I could pick and choose I would want the ambience of Cunard, the ents programme from P&O and the food from Princess. Plus the medallion which I found myself really missing on Britannia even for simple things like the door unlocking as you got to it. We got Princess Plus for £40 and it's so relaxing not having to worry about drinks prices. Even my teetotal mother said she missed the convenience of being able to order on the app and have a drink delivered anywhere, even to your cabin.

I highly encourage everyone to try all three lines if they find an itinerary they like.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

A further update on our Sky Princess cruise.

The MDR food continues to impress, both for choice and quality, and the service from the wait staff is still top class.

However their dine my way booking system is equally as flawed as the P&O app.  Both of course lead to large numbers of bookings, resulting in tables being out of action and sitting idle when, if it was back to first come first served they could all be in play, leading, IMO, to much slicker service and hardly any queuing, and where ships have 2 or more dining rooms, there is still an option for fixed dining if there is a demand for it.

We are still enjoying the music entertainment around the ship, Neo Funk did a rock n roll dance set last night which filled the dance floor in the Piazza, proving once again that there is still a demand for 60s and 70s music, despite Ludlums desire to kill it off.

Having just visited shore excursions to check the availability of accessible shuttles, I was reminded once more of how these customer service staff should operate. The Princess staff listen, ensure they know just what you want, and then proceed to find all the answers. They all seem fully conversant with their jobs, and quickly find the details on their computers, no waffle no Umming and Awwing,  and no leaving you more confused than ever.

Oh and room service is fast efficient and free.

• Like 12

4 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

A further update on our Sky Princess cruise.

The MDR food continues to impress, both for choice and quality, and the service from the wait staff is still top class.

However their dine my way booking system is equally as flawed as the P&O app.  Both of course lead to large numbers of bookings, resulting in tables being out of action and sitting idle when, if it was back to first come first served they could all be in play, leading, IMO, to much slicker service and hardly any queuing, and where ships have 2 or more dining rooms, there is still an option for fixed dining if there is a demand for it.

We are still enjoying the music entertainment around the ship, Neo Funk did a rock n roll dance set last night which filled the dance floor in the Piazza, proving once again that there is still a demand for 60s and 70s music, despite Ludlums desire to kill it off.

Having just visited shore excursions to check the availability of accessible shuttles, I was reminded once more of how these customer service staff should operate. The Princess staff listen, ensure they know just what you want, and then proceed to find all the answers. They all seem fully conversant with their jobs, and quickly find the details on their computers, no waffle no Umming and Awwing,  and no leaving you more confused than ever.

Oh and room service is fast efficient and free.

You are selling it to me John. 

Sounds great, thank you for reporting back, enjoy the rest of your cruise. 

Andy 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1