Woo Hoo... Britannia day today...

AndyMichelle

So excited, car is loaded, off to the port soon to drop the bags off before wandering across to Oxford Street for some lunch before boarding at 3.15.

I won't write a blog as people more eloquent than me have done some recently, but I will share our experiences of things that have caused us a bit of concern. 

We feel very prepared, thanks to you lot, hence not trying to board early etc. 

We haven't been able to book any speciality restaurants except Limelight, so hope with a late boarding, all the spaces haven't been snaffled up by the priority boarders and coach passengers etc. I will report back. 

Anything anybody wants me to find out while on board, please ask and I will go into full Columbo mode... 

Andy 

• Like 32

1 minute ago, AndyMichelle said:

So excited, car is loaded, off to the port soon to drop the bags off before wandering across to Oxford Street for some lunch before boarding at 3.15.

I won't write a blog as people more eloquent than me have done some recently, but I will share our experiences of things that have caused us a bit of concern. 

We haven't been able to book any speciality restaurants except Limelight, so hope with a late boarding, all the spaces haven't been snaffled up by the priority boarders and coach passengers etc. I will report back. 

Anything anybody wants me to find out while on board, please ask and I will go into full Columbo mode... 

Andy 

Have a great cruise Andy & Michelle! 🚢🍺

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Andy 

Enjoy your cruise Andy, I hope you and Michelle have a wonderful time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Have a fantastic cruise Andy. As we are on the cruise after yours, I’d love to hear how you find the ease of booking speciality restaurants once on board and also your MDR experiences. I think you’ve switched to Club so won’t be able to report on wait times for Freedom at circa 8pm, but how you find the MDR food compared to pre Covid would be very interesting. I don’t think I’ve read as many reviews of Britannia compared to some of the other ships. Bon voyage!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Andy 

Have a great cruise. Britannia is our favourite.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, kalos said:

As the ships horn blows and they drop the lines ,give each other a big hug !

You have finally made it ,enjoy your time together you two:classic_love:

What a lovely comment. 
We will be thinking of you both @AndyMichelle as the ship departs…..

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

BLIMEY, arrived to drop off bags early at 1.10, in the Glasshouse at 1.30..

Andy 

Wot - no naughty queue? 😂 We always head to the Glasshouse. It’s the only place that sells Peller Ice Cuvée! Enjoy 🥂 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Does that mean you'll be walking about the ship in a dirty raincoat and with a well chewed cigar in your hand?😉

Have a fantastic cruise.😀

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

BLIMEY, arrived to drop off bags early at 1.10, in the Glasshouse at 1.30..

Andy 

We were on by 11.55 for a 12.15 boarding having lunch at 12.25. Very nice lots of free booze. Now unpacking well Linda is 🙂 Hope to see you around.  🙂 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Selbourne said:

Wot - no naughty queue? 😂 We always head to the Glasshouse. It’s the only place that sells Peller Ice Cuvée! Enjoy 🥂 

We were happy to come back at our allotted time, but as there was no queue, just thought we would ask and they waved us straight through. 

I think we just hit it lucky as the queue started to build up behind us. 

Check in was an absolute breeze. 

Connecting to the app was very easy and all the bookings we wanted to make were available. 

So far so good. 

Staff are smiley and helpful, even the buffet was good, with a chap telling you to wash your hands and ensuring you did. 

In the Crow's Nest now with a pint of Moretti. 

Andy & Michelle xx

Oh, we have soap... 😂

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

We had a great time Round Britain a week or so ago. We were really impressed with MDR (fixed). Staff were great - although I never saw our steward until I searched for him on the last day. Drawbacks of Britannia are well known but we didn’t find them a problem. The moans? Epicurean; had to send a steak back - the first time I have ever returned any course (it was replaced without question but the timing of the courses was interrupted. The coffee at one of the Costa’s was pretty ropey. Everything else was ‘top drawer’. Chefs’ parade & loyalty parties are back on. 
Enjoy yourselves. 

Edited by Ranchi
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Good things come to those who wait and good things happen to good people.....

Anyway, enough of wasting your precious cruise time reading proverbs, now carry on cruising.

image.jpeg.ad7802be09b259f2a0324cc22c7a1111.jpeg

Wishing you both a wonderful cruise.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2