Suggestions for Ranigiroa, Fakarava and Huahine please

Piaa

I have something planned on each island on our upcoming cruise except on Ranigiroa, Fakarava and Huahine (we are on a waitlist with Ato on Fakarava as he is looking for 4 other people to join before it is a confirmed tour) so might anyone have any suggestions please.  I am thinking of renting a car in Huahine and we arrive on Windstar at Débarcadère de MAROE (landing stage Maroe at Maroe Village) so might anyone know of a car rental agency close to where we arrive please.

Thank you for any suggestions everyone - getting excited.

• 3 months later...
On 7/1/2023 at 8:25 AM, Dbld777 said:

Check out Huahine Private. We had a great island tour with Janou. She will customize the tour based on your preferences.

https://www.huahine-private.com/

We can second this recommendation for anybody who might be interested in a small group private tour / shore excursion in Huahine. We spent two full days with Janou this year while visiting on the Paul Gauguin cruise ship; once in early June and again in late September. As Dbld777 says, the great thing about Janou's tour is that it can be structured in any way that you like with a wide variety of possible options provided on her website. She is quick to respond to requests and questions and is also happy to make changes to tour outline on the day of the tour if needed or desired. 

On 7/1/2023 at 3:17 PM, Leejnd4 said:

Glad to hear you had a great experience with her! We're booked with her for our stop in Huahini on our November cruise. 

When will you be Huahine?  We also will be in November on WIndstar Spirit.  Want 2 more on your tour if we are on the same timeline?

18 hours ago, crilski said:

When will you be Huahine?  We also will be in November on WIndstar Spirit.  Want 2 more on your tour if we are on the same timeline?

Our day at Huahine is on November 12. Are you there that day as well?

• 1 month later...
On 6/30/2023 at 3:13 PM, Piaa said:

I have something planned on each island on our upcoming cruise except on Ranigiroa, Fakarava and Huahine (we are on a waitlist with Ato on Fakarava as he is looking for 4 other people to join before it is a confirmed tour) so might anyone have any suggestions please.  I am thinking of renting a car in Huahine and we arrive on Windstar at Débarcadère de MAROE (landing stage Maroe at Maroe Village) so might anyone know of a car rental agency close to where we arrive please.

Thank you for any suggestions everyone - getting excited.

Did you end up going with Ato on Fakarava.  I am having a hard time finding excursions for our upcoming cruise. Do you have recommendations for Ranigiroa, Moorea, Raitaea, Nuku Hiva?  

10 hours ago, gracebest said:

Did you end up going with Ato on Fakarava.  I am having a hard time finding excursions for our upcoming cruise. Do you have recommendations for Ranigiroa, Moorea, Raitaea, Nuku Hiva?  

@gracebest yes we did but it wasn't Ato it was his son that was our captain for the day and I think it would have been much better if it were Ato but still had a great time and would do the trip again.  

On Rangiroa we were booked with Six Passengers but because of the ship having a problem we had to skip that port and had the day at sea.  On Raitaea we were booked with https://www.tahaa.net/en/home/ but had to cancel as I was sick with an ear infection.  In Moorea I would book something through the cruise or make sure the tour company will meet you at the dock as taxi's don't want to take you anywhere "far" - we booked lunch at CoCo Beach on their motu and none of the taxi's would take us as it was 15 minutes away!  - luckily we had spent 3 days on Moorea prior to the cruise so had a nice day relaxing on board.

Hope this helps 

4 hours ago, Piaa said:

@gracebest yes we did but it wasn't Ato it was his son that was our captain for the day and I think it would have been much better if it were Ato but still had a great time and would do the trip again.  

On Rangiroa we were booked with Six Passengers but because of the ship having a problem we had to skip that port and had the day at sea.  On Raitaea we were booked with https://www.tahaa.net/en/home/ but had to cancel as I was sick with an ear infection.  In Moorea I would book something through the cruise or make sure the tour company will meet you at the dock as taxi's don't want to take you anywhere "far" - we booked lunch at CoCo Beach on their motu and none of the taxi's would take us as it was 15 minutes away!  - luckily we had spent 3 days on Moorea prior to the cruise so had a nice day relaxing on board.

Hope this helps 

Thanks so much.  I will check out these tours. I appreciate your help so much!