Upgrading to premium beverage package

pbrady

We are taking our daughters & their husbands on a cruise & want to upgrade everyone to the premium package.  I keep watching for a sale with no luck so when I do have to call on something I also ask the price of the upgrade.  We have people that have never cruised to 5 that are Elite-Plus.  Here is the crazy thing - I have been given prices differing by $50 with the Elite Plus discount on a 12 night cruise.  When I state the this cost should be the same (when there is no sale) I'm told 'no' it varies all the time.  That doesn't sound right - anyone else hear this? 

From X's website:

Drinks

Classic members and above who choose Cruise-Only Rates can enjoy 10% - 20% savings (depending on tier) on the Classic or Premium Beverage Package if purchased pre-cruise. Elite and above members will continue to enjoy complimentary drinks from the Captain’s Club menu daily from 5pm – 7pm—or choose All Included and enjoy 10%-15% (depending on tier) off the upgrade from Classic to Premium (increased from 5% - 10%) if purchased pre-cruise.* Zenith members enjoy complimentary Premium Beverage Packages.

There may be variations, to which I cannot attest and there have been a few postings where this discount has been applied to the sales price... 

I have not found any policy relating to that.

Cheers and bon voyage

They have had sales on the packages themselves but not on the upgrade that I have seen.

The upgrade price is $20  with a 10% CaptIns Club discount $18: $17 with 15% discount plus.  20% gratuity.

in the past the upgrade price was the difference between the price of the beverage packages in the Cruise Planner. 

Which with the packages discounted in the cruise planner the upgrade price was less and the Captains Club discount was taken against that lower price.  That was stopped and now the discounts are to be against the $20, unless the rep forgets and does the old calculation. 

I am going on Ascent in Dec '23 and Silhouette in Feb '24

I am a captain club Select, online I see the upgrade as being $20 a day for the Classic to Premium..

Where do I get the Captain Club discount?

1 minute ago, psubill78 said:

I am going on Ascent in Dec '23 and Silhouette in Feb '24

I am a captain club Select, online I see the upgrade as being $20 a day for the Classic to Premium..

Where do I get the Captain Club discount?

You have to call Celebrity to purchase the upgrade with the discount

Hi My wife and i are cruising on the sillouette from southampton  in july for 12 days we have onboard credit . At the moment we have the  classic drinks package but have an option on cruise planner to upgrade to  premium for 18.88 british pounds   pp per day.

We are also entitled to a 5 % discount as captains club members on drinks packages however am i correct in saying we are as well waiting till on  the ship to do the upgrade and this discount could then be added, whereas if we did it now on cruise planner no discount would come off. Probably only talking about £ 20+ saving but as well in our account to use for for other offers.

Edited by eric4395

Ok thanks cruisecrew123 so you dont get the discount on the ship , however looking at the  normal prices ( not the sale price) to upgrade the difference is £18:88  so no real need to do it before i get on the ship anyway then?

Edited by eric4395

1 hour ago, eric4395 said:

Ok thanks cruisecrew123 so you dont get the discount on the ship , however looking at the  normal prices ( not the sale price) to upgrade the difference is £18:88  so no real need to do it before i get on the ship anyway then?

I may be wrong but I think it does cost slightly more to upgrade on board. However, if you do it at the bar you intend to spend most time at, those staff will be over the moon and always really happy to serve you 🙂 

3 minutes ago, ladylemondrop said:

I may be wrong but I think it does cost slightly more to upgrade on board. However, if you do it at the bar you intend to spend most time at, those staff will be over the moon and always really happy to serve you 🙂 

Taking the prices quoted at the moment ( the  top price)the difference between the 2 packages is £18:88

If you take the difference between the sale prices its approx £15

When we upgraded to Premium Beverage package while logged into cruise planner it didn't reflect the Elite Plus 15% discount. I had to call our cruise planner to rebook with the discount. Trying to book spa and I don't see how to apply the discount here either.  Is this always the case?

43 minutes ago, sasset said:

When we upgraded to Premium Beverage package while logged into cruise planner it didn't reflect the Elite Plus 15% discount. I had to call our cruise planner to rebook with the discount. Trying to book spa and I don't see how to apply the discount here either.  Is this always the case?

You can only get Captains club discount by calling. Before you sail. 
You wont get sale price and discount (unless you get very lucky on the phone) 

• Like 1

On 7/4/2023 at 11:38 AM, eric4395 said:

Hi My wife and i are cruising on the sillouette from southampton  in july for 12 days we have onboard credit . At the moment we have the  classic drinks package but have an option on cruise planner to upgrade to  premium for 18.88 british pounds   pp per day.

We are also entitled to a 5 % discount as captains club members on drinks packages however am i correct in saying we are as well waiting till on  the ship to do the upgrade and this discount could then be added, whereas if we did it now on cruise planner no discount would come off. Probably only talking about £ 20+ saving but as well in our account to use for for other offers.

I would suggest waiting until you’re on the ship as it will give you time to experience the offerings of the classic package. It’s not as bad as you may think. Decent beer, wine and Prosecco. If you have OBC you can simply use that to pay for the higher priced drinks as opposed to paying the full upgrade fee. You only pay the difference between the $10 limit on the classic package to whatever premium drink you’re after. However, If you’re into cocktails then the £18 a day might be the better option as they can be quite expensive. The cost we were quoted is £111pp to upgrade from the classic package. I have $300 OBC for our next Edge cruise in August and I’ve used some of that to upgrade to the premium wifi as it’s much better. On Edge last year the basic wifi was shocking - we couldn’t even send images on WhatsApp. 

Edited by Edione

Just now, Edione said:

I would suggest waiting until you’re on the ship as it will give you time to experience the offerings of the classic package. It’s not as bad as you may think. Decent beer, wine and Prosecco. If you have OBC you can simply use that to pay for the higher priced drinks as opposed to paying the full upgrade fee. You only pay the difference between the $10 limit on the classic package to whatever premium drink you’re after. However, If you’re into cocktails then the £18 a day might be the better option as they can be quite expensive. The cost we were quoted is £111pp to upgrade from the classic package. I have $300 OBC for our next Edge cruise in August and I’ve used some of that to upgrade to the premium wifi as it’s much better. On Edge last year the basic wifi was shocking - we couldn’t even send images on WhatsApp. 

My wife phoned the captains club number and we were entitled to 10% off so went ahead and upgraded, total cost was £400 for a 12 night cruise.

Looking at the speciality restaurants now and I am sure they had a three night package on offer at one stage now it looks like the minimum package is 6 nights. Any idea why they don't offer a 3 night package on the planner? . Do you think 3 night packages would be on offer when on the ship.

1 minute ago, eric4395 said:

My wife phoned the captains club number and we were entitled to 10% off so went ahead and upgraded, total cost was £400 for a 12 night cruise.

Looking at the speciality restaurants now and I am sure they had a three night package on offer at one stage now it looks like the minimum package is 6 nights. Any idea why they don't offer a 3 night package on the planner? . Do you think 3 night packages would be on offer when on the ship.

I’m in a similar position. Only last month they had a really cheap upgrade offer from basic to premium wifi but it’s now gone. I phoned Celebrity and managed to score another $100 of OBC to make up for the offer being removed. It’s a similar story re the 3 night meal package. I also looked at them but they disappeared from the planner quite quickly. Maybe they’ve been maxed out by demand. However, the restaurant staff are always seen going about the ship offering specialty meal packages, especially during embarkation days. I would try once you get on board the ship. See what they’ll offer you. For what’s it worth, Silhouette is one of our favourite Celebrity ships. 

Just now, chocolabmom said:

So, if I understand this correctly - Captain's Club Classic tier members receive 10% off the charge to upgrade from Classic to Premium?  And I can use any OBC that I have to pay towards the price?

Yes that's how it worked for us

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chocolabmom said:

So, if I understand this correctly - Captain's Club Classic tier members receive 10% off the charge to upgrade from Classic to Premium?  And I can use any OBC that I have to pay towards the price?

Yes, that’s the position. Phone Celebrity and they’ll upgrade you using your OBC

• Like 1