Regent pre-cruise hotel price for solo traveller

MomC

I am sailing solo on the TA from Miami to Barcelona in March, 2024.   Because I live in Colorado, I always fly in two days early during snow season.  The airport has been known to close down when there is a blizzard.  I know that I can’t probably find out the hotel they use in Miami this far out, BUT my question concerns the rate the cruise line will charge me.  Will it be for one person or will I have to pay the double rate?

Also, is there a place to find out the rate on the website?

Thanks for your help.

Mom C

2 hours ago, MomC said:

I am sailing solo on the TA from Miami to Barcelona in March, 2024.   Because I live in Colorado, I always fly in two days early during snow season.  The airport has been known to close down when there is a blizzard.  I know that I can’t probably find out the hotel they use in Miami this far out, BUT my question concerns the rate the cruise line will charge me.  Will it be for one person or will I have to pay the double rate?

Also, is there a place to find out the rate on the website?

Thanks for your help.

Mom C

We sailed out of Miami in Dec. Regent hotel rates are horrible! You can get two nights for less than you will pay Regent for one. Taxis are cheap (husband will not Uber) about $15-20 from downtown hotels. Check out one of the hotel booking sites. Get one that offers airport transfers and get a taxi to the port.  The terminal Regent uses is super simple to handle. Book hotel now for best rates (on booking site no deposit needed and can cancel anytime no charge)) and look for something close to the piers in the tourist area so you can explore on foot.

• Like 2

Thanks for the suggestions.  I will book a hotel right now and wait to see what the rate is  with Regent to decide if the rate is worth it.  I have to agree that cruise lines charge astronomical rates.

29 minutes ago, MomC said:

Thanks for the suggestions.  I will book a hotel right now and wait to see what the rate is  with Regent to decide if the rate is worth it.  I have to agree that cruise lines charge astronomical rates.

Check for any that offer airport pickups and maybe even port drop offs. That would be a nice deal.

Only to give you an idea:

Regent will be using the Intercontinental for our next December cruise and we will be arriving one day earlier than the "Regent included" date.  Our TA informed us that Regent would charge $489 for the extra day.  Booking sites have rooms in the same hotel for around $250-$350.  Yes, Regent charges more, and includes transportation to pier.