NCL Acropolis and Leisure excursion

gatorchinsky

If anyone has ever done this excursion through NCL could you please tell me if you actually get out of bus to see changing of the guard, temple of Zeus, etc? I know we get out and explore the Acropolis but not really sure about the others. Thx!

I have not done this excursion.  But after reading NCL's description and watching the video they provide, I would interpret it to mean that the only places you leave the bus would be for going up to the Acropolis and then when you are set free to explore the Plaka for a while.  I would bet the rest of the mentioned sites are drive by views from your bus only.  But, that's just my interpretation.  Hopefully someone who has been on the excursion will come along shortly with a report.

7 minutes ago, MeHeartCruising said:

I have not done this excursion.  But after reading NCL's description and watching the video they provide, I would interpret it to mean that the only places you leave the bus would be for going up to the Acropolis and then when you are set free to explore the Plaka for a while.  I would bet the rest of the mentioned sites are drive by views from your bus only.  But, that's just my interpretation.  Hopefully someone who has been on the excursion will come along shortly with a report.

That was my interpretation as well, but wanted to see if anyone had actual experience with it. The descriptions of the excursions are very confusing in my opinion.

1 hour ago, gatorchinsky said:

... The descriptions of the excursions are very confusing in my opinion.

Intentionally so thanks to the creative "marketing" departments of the cruise lines, unfortunately.  They are hoping to lure people in with wonderful descriptions that may not match up to the reality.  However, they do it in a way that doesn't quite go over that ledge of "incorrect information was given to me".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2023 at 3:15 PM, MeHeartCruising said:

Intentionally so thanks to the creative "marketing" departments of the cruise lines, unfortunately.  They are hoping to lure people in with wonderful descriptions that may not match up to the reality.  However, they do it in a way that doesn't quite go over that ledge of "incorrect information was given to me".

So true.