VV not splitting bar tab between sailors?

cantgetin

This was just posted on another board.  The individual who posted is a TA and is currently on Scarlet Lady, so I consider it accurate.  It seems it does not affect your cabin IF you have one credit card taking responsibility for all people in the cabin. (lead sailor checked the box saying she was responsible for the whole cabin's expenses.)

There seems to be a new policy regarding splitting Loot and Bar Tab between sailors on board when each sailor is paying for themselves with their own credit card.

Of course this is subject to change and may vary from ship to ship.
Sailor Services can no longer split Bar Tab or Loot between sailors.

What they said can be done is towards the end of the cruise the sailors can come to SS together (Deck 5 Midship) and they can move some of the charges from one sailor to another.

This sounds like a giant pain for everyone, but it is what Virgin is giving sailors to work with for now.
Edited by cantgetin

The promotion terms have always stated that bar tab is added to the lead sailors account. I never would have assumed it could be split, only charges applied to the lead sailors account from the second persons account. Therefore this situation doesn’t surprise me.

• Like 1

This doesn't seem new to me either. It was exactly this way when I cruised with a friend in April. I was the lead sailor, had the tab and loot and had her charges put on my bill. We figured we'd sort it out in the other end as there were other trip related charges we needed to split still. In the end we had zero balance so it was no issue at all.

I'm guessing that the reason for the post is that someone thought it was "per cabin" like DBE and found otherwise if they were not sharing expenses.  We've never had a problem, but I put my credit card for both of us and that I'd be responsible for all expenses.

Sailed the SL last week. We had to put it all on the main account and remove cabin mates' credit card so it all went onto mine. She just reimbursed me later (ha! more credit card points for me). Make sure you are sailing with someone you can trust to pay up 🙂  Luckily for me, I know where my sister-in-law lives!

• Haha 2