Car Rental Reykjavik Cruise Terminal - Recent Experiences?

Hello All,  I am not having much luck fining any recent experiences with renting a car to tour Iceland.  We are arriving late September and the ship arrives at 2pm and departs at 6p the following day.  I would love to explore the area on our own.  Google maps show a few rental options about a 30 minute walk away from the terminal.

I was hoping to find someone who has done this recently and can give me their input.  I am surprised that I cannot find anything about a rental car company at the cruise terminal itself.  Also any info about overnight parking as well?

Searching recent Cruisecritic boards has not given much in results either.

Thanks in advance.

I don't remember any car rental at the cruise port.  You will probably need to go to the airport to collect a rental car.  The airport is almost within the city itself so not a big deal.  I don't think it would pay the rental companies to have an office at the cruise port.

We have had a car reserved for several months  at Hertz for a similar overnight in September.  I don’t recall the specifics of my research last year, but I didn’t find anything negative for either Hertz or Alamo other than the usual “video the condition of your rental before driving off”, “get the car rental’s insurance even if your covered by your own or a credit card” and the obligatory primer on driving in Iceland which seems to be mostly focused on winter conditions. 

It’s a short taxi ride from the port to the rental facility.  

• 2 weeks later...

Just returned from Iceland.    We rented a car through Reykjavik Cars and took a taxi to the Blue Car rental  about 2 miles from port.   Picked up at port and returned to airport.  Took out all insurance options.   Easy Peasy!    Noticed Enterprise had a car rental near port also.