Booking solo dining?

skittl1321

So yesterday I had a spur of the moment decision to book a cruise next month...  

I have never cruised a line where I need to prebook dining.   I have read on the board that solos need to book tables for 2, since 1 is not available.  All the dining options only have options for 4 or 6, so I assume the two tops are gone.  Can I book a table for 4?  

I'd love to give Cagney's a try... but booking for 4 seems wrong.

1 minute ago, skittl1321 said:

So yesterday I had a spur of the moment decision to book a cruise next month...  

I have never cruised a line where I need to prebook dining.   I have read on the board that solos need to book tables for 2, since 1 is not available.  All the dining options only have options for 4 or 6, so I assume the two tops are gone.  Can I book a table for 4?  

I'd love to give Cagney's a try... but booking for 4 seems wrong.

I travel as a solo.  I do not make reservations most of the dining rooms.  If you arrive at the Restaurant Hostess Desk shortly before the opening time, they will accomadate as quickly as possible.  The only exception for me is Ocean Blue, then I will make a reservation.

It is easy to make reservations once you are on board: (1) The Restaurant Reservation Desk, next to the Guest Services Desk in the lobby, (2) any of the flat screen kiosks thoughout the ship, (3) the Restaurant Reseervations table in the buffet and (4) on Embarkation Day there will be a special place set up to make restaurant reservations and your entertainment reservations.

Relax and enjoy your cruise.

• Like 1

You can, then once on board let them know you are dining solo.

Or if you have no other plans for embarkation day, go straight to where they are making dining reservations. They dont prebook all available tables, saving some for during the cruise.

• Like 1

Check the daily newsletter (Freestyle Daily) for the announcement of the Solos' Meet Up.  Every evening there will be a place for Solos to meet.  Sometimes people meet and go to dinner together.  It is an option you might to check out.

• Like 1