Explorer - things to book?

Due to cruise out of Ravenna at the end of August.

Only our third cruise (all RC) and we’ve never previously booked anything. Keep seeing chat on here that suggests making reservations for shows and stuff.

Are there any things I should/need to book?

we have dining and excursions sorted.

just wondering about the skating shows or access to skating or the slides etc.

Anything I should be doing, as soon as we board (or even before)?

planning on an early check-in, so will hopefully be able to beat the rush (if we do need to make bookings).

thanks

3 hours ago, zimmerman said:

Due to cruise out of Ravenna at the end of August.

Only our third cruise (all RC) and we’ve never previously booked anything. Keep seeing chat on here that suggests making reservations for shows and stuff.

Are there any things I should/need to book?

we have dining and excursions sorted.

just wondering about the skating shows or access to skating or the slides etc.

Anything I should be doing, as soon as we board (or even before)?

planning on an early check-in, so will hopefully be able to beat the rush (if we do need to make bookings).

thanks

we were on Explorer at the beginning of June and will be on again in August.  There was nothing that was necessary to book except dining.  Skating shows, slides, etc no booking needed although there may be lines for the slides they move fairly quickly.

10 hours ago, crazyank said:

we were on Explorer at the beginning of June and will be on again in August.  There was nothing that was necessary to book except dining.  Skating shows, slides, etc no booking needed although there may be lines for the slides they move fairly quickly.

I agree.  Nothing to worry about booking in advance.

On 7/7/2023 at 10:37 PM, Tlbecker1 said:

I agree.  Nothing to worry about booking in advance.

Hi, we will cruise on the 23 of july. coulc you please help me with some info about Athen, Corfu, Argosti? We are planning to go to beaches. The  RC transfers are already fully booked. Do you have any idea how to get from ports to beaches?

thank you in advance.

Maria

2 hours ago, couple from Hungary said:

Hi, we will cruise on the 23 of july. coulc you please help me with some info about Athen, Corfu, Argosti? We are planning to go to beaches. The  RC transfers are already fully booked. Do you have any idea how to get from ports to beaches?

thank you in advance.

Maria

Sorry, we didn’t spend anytime at the beach when we went to each of the ports.

4 hours ago, couple from Hungary said:

thank you in advance.

Maria

Corfu and Argostoli have beaches within a short taxi ride from the port.  Athens is a totally different story,  the ship docks in Piraeus which is at least an hour away from Athens.  Can't help with that port because we don't bother getting off.

24 minutes ago, crazyank said:

Corfu and Argostoli have beaches within a short taxi ride from the port.  Athens is a totally different story,  the ship docks in Piraeus which is at least an hour away from Athens.  Can't help with that port because we don't bother getting off.

thank you for your answer. We have already been more times in Corfu and Athern, this is the reason, we are planning to visit beaches in the hot july    ....When I take a taxi, I am afraid, it will be not sure that the taxi driver come back for us to the beach....and how I think there is no taxi station at the beach...

Since you are from Europe, your phone likely works.  Would think that you can get Uber rides there.  Also, you can get the taxi driver's phone number to call when you are ready to go back to the ship.  In many ports this is very common.