Adjusting your body clock to Alaska time.

roupa

Since the time zone in Alaska is 4 hours earlier than mine, I try to reset my body clock before heading there.   ( did so for a trip to Europe. ✔️)

Starting a number of days ahead of heading to Alaska, I stay up a little later each night and wake a little later in the morning. ( Tho if you have to get to work, your boss may not understand!)

It might seem to make for long days , but you’ll be ready for the early hike or bus/train/boat/plane excursions! And don’t forget the late sunsets over the mountains… especially Denali!!

Make time to rest when you’re back home.

😉

• Like 1

Your internal clock will be messed up regardless due to the loooong days in Alaska. I think sunrise was around 5am and sunset 10 pm, so "midnight sun" may mess with your sleep pattern.

PS - On the Royal Princess, we also moved clocks BACK one hour on the first night and one hour forward on the next to last. I'm not sure what l9cal time was on port as I only cared about Ship's Time and returning to the ship on time.

I think the increased day light will mess with you more than the time change and that can affect everyone. The east coast folks actually have an advantage as some of the best viewing is early in the morning as you’re a couple hours or so from docking. I’ve seen many whales while being in a forward area with a cup of coffee at 5am. Most from a distance but they’re there.  Use that time zone change to your advantage.

• Like 2

On 7/8/2023 at 11:14 AM, DVC Calif said:

PS - On the Royal Princess, we also moved clocks BACK one hour on the first night and one hour forward on the next to last. I'm not sure what l9cal time was on port as I only cared about Ship's Time and returning to the ship on time.

Most likely because there is a separate Alaska time zone that is an hour behind the CUS West coast.