Booking shows on Iona

ParisHilton

Hi,

can we books shows (in headliners and limelight) before the cruise? Presumably we can book once we have the app connected.

(I read somewhere the phone has to be in aeroplane mode to connect the app, that seems odd, is that right).

Also we have several family members in other cabins. Can one room book tables or shows for 9 people?

TIA

P

26 minutes ago, Winifred 22 said:

My recollection was you could only book for the number of people in your cabin. 

I feared that might be the case.

Hoping we can get a better option that that if we walk up and see someone 🙂

2 hours ago, ParisHilton said:

Hi,

can we books shows (in headliners and limelight) before the cruise? Presumably we can book once we have the app connected.

(I read somewhere the phone has to be in aeroplane mode to connect the app, that seems odd, is that right).

Also we have several family members in other cabins. Can one room book tables or shows for 9 people?

TIA

P

The Limelight Club will be open for bookings through the Cruise Planner when the dining reservations open, about two weeks before your cruise.

It is incorrect that you can only book for guests in your cabin for this venue. The maximum table size is six though, so you will need to do the following:

One of your party books for a table of five perhaps, and another books a table for four.  When you board, attend the host station at the Limelight Club on the first evening, so they can link the bookings; while you're there, ask them to seat you at two adjacent tables.

I not tried it myself, but it may be possible for just one person to make both bookings, checking out after the first booking before going back on. If you're able to do that, follow the same procedure for linking the bookings with the host.

For belt and braces, on the evening of the performance, remind them again that the bookings are linked and ask for two adjacent tables.

You can follow the above process for booking meals in the MDRs, Chef's Table, or speciality restaurants, subject to them being available on the Cruise Planner. Just make sure one of you visits the relevant restaurant host ahead of the first reservation to get you all together.  Although you will probably all be put on a table for ten in the MDRs, the maximum table size in Epicurean is six, and for the Chef's Table too, I think; I believe it is eight in Sindhu.

Reservations for Headliners work differently; it is these you can only book for the guests in your cabin. Very often, only a couple of the shows will appear on the Cruise Planner, and then for the first week only.

Yes, you're phone needs to be on airplane mode when logging on to the My Holiday app once onboard.  Again, for shows you can only book for those in your cabin using this app, but you can book for up to six for dining reservations.

My advice, if you all want to sit together in the MDR, rather than trying to book ahead on Cruise Planner, which only allows bookings up to 18:00/18:30 anyway, visit the host station of your preferred MDR on the first day and before it opens, and make that request. They will be able to accommodate you. It also removes the stress every evening of trying to get everyone in at the same time.

I also get a bit confused about the phone being in airplane mode when connecting to my holiday.

I would imagine that you have to go into airplane mode, then put WiFi back on, but the putting wifi back on is not often mentioned 

2 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I also get a bit confused about the phone being in airplane mode when connecting to my holiday.

I would imagine that you have to go into airplane mode, then put WiFi back on, but the putting wifi back on is not often mentioned 

That's correct 😊

And once you select WiFi, select P&O Guest...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

That is exactly right. Airplane mode on, back into settings and turn WiFi back on. 'Appy, 'appy.

• Like 2

Oh that's just very confusing now.  I would have thought airplane mode disabled wifi. And that putting wifi on, would pull you out of airplane mode.  I shall try it though.

Thinking about it. I guess the app only works on the network via the wifi , and if you have mobile data that might superceed the wifi and mean you can't connect to their servers.

Great info everyone though. Much appreciated.

I booked the Limelight Club for our cruise on Iona from next Saturday through my P & O cruises. I also booked the Chefs Table and Sindhu. There were others you could book but we weren’t interested in those. I prefer to book beforehand some of the venues we like. 

Airplane Mode disables all raised in the phone (WiFi, Bluetooth, Mobile/Cell). You must first enable Airplane mode to make sure Mobile Data is turned off. But just off which because you don't want to connect to the Maritime network that the ship turns on when away from land. It's then absolutely safe to turn on Bluetooth and WiFi. You indeed do connect WiFi to the P&OCruises_Guest_WiFi to connect to the local ships network.

Then in a browser (e.g. Chrome, Firefox, Samsung Internet) you go to the following address: myholiday.pocruises.com and log in.

Note there is *no* app. You don't download anything from the Play Store, just use the browser.