Manfredi’s

friendlyfifer

4 hours ago, Jim Avery said:

Are those the floor to ceiling windows where the loungers face?  What will I do if I can't look at the sea between my feet??😳

As I recall, they are up high. I remember thinking that they wouldn't do much good but I guess maybe they do?  We were sailing in the far north of Norway so didn't really get to find out. 

17 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

As I recall, they are up high. I remember thinking that they wouldn't do much good but I guess maybe they do?  We were sailing in the far north of Norway so didn't really get to find out. 

Clay - yes, they are the top half of the full windows that can be opened.  I also thought wouldn't do much, but believe me it does.  The cross flow of air is rather amazing!  What a difference.

• Like 3

We were on the Saturn in August doing the Bergen to NYC trip and they did open the windows on a few days. However one of those days the windows either were left slightly open or perhaps the seal around them on the port side failed because when the automatic window cleaner came by one afternoon , my husband a several others sitting in those lounge chairs received an unexpected shower 🤣. Took the crew a good while to dry up the whole area 😬

2 hours ago, vslparis said:

We were on the Saturn in August doing the Bergen to NYC trip and they did open the windows on a few days. However one of those days the windows either were left slightly open or perhaps the seal around them on the port side failed because when the automatic window cleaner came by one afternoon , my husband a several others sitting in those lounge chairs received an unexpected shower 🤣. Took the crew a good while to dry up the whole area 😬

Learn something new every day!  Didn't know about the auto window washings.  We were on Saturn from NYC to Reykjavik - the windows seemed to be fixed as they worked fine.

On 11/2/2023 at 6:30 AM, vslparis said:

So that's why there was a big mop-up operation going on in that area one day! We encountered that on our way to the World Cafe and wondered what was going on.

Edited by AZ_Tim

4 hours ago, AZ_Tim said:

So that's why there was a big mop-up operation going on in that area one day! We encountered that on our way to the World Cafe and wondered what was going on.

Yes indeed; lots of mop-up going on and drying  off of chairs .